Second Opinions for Pediatric Orthopedics
We offer prompt access and expert recommendations for orthopedic second opinions to help you make important decisions about complex conditions
Pediatric Orthopedics at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital: Second Opinions
We are among Florida's highest-ranked pediatric orthopedic programs and the top 50 nationwide, according to U.S. News & World Report. We’ve held this distinction for many years. It means we consistently deliver safe, effective surgical care with outstanding results. Meet our team.
What Is a Second Opinion?
Second opinions are available for any orthopedic concern. Families often turn to us when treatments do not progress as expected or a complex condition requires ongoing care.
A second opinion can help you:
- Learn more about your child’s diagnosis and potential recovery
- Find out about treatment options, including therapies that are not widely available
- Confirm a recommended care plan is right for your child
After a comprehensive evaluation, we provide the information you need to make orthopedic care decisions for your child confidently. Second opinions help you choose the best course of care, even if it’s not with us. We want your child to receive the right treatments for their needs. Get more information about orthopedics.
How to Request a Second Opinion
To get started, please complete the form below. One of our KidCierge personal care navigators will help gather any additional information. They can also help manage visit logistics and answer any questions you have.
This service IS NOT designed to handle medical emergencies or provide immediate treatment guidance. If this is a medical emergency, please call your local emergency service number (911 in the U.S.) for immediate medical attention or go to your nearest hospital, emergency room or urgent care center. Please do not rely on electronic communications for assistance with immediate, urgent medical issues.
A National Leader in In Children's Orthopedics
Highlights of our program
- Renowned experts: We are one of the region’s largest groups of pediatric orthopedic surgeons. All specialists completed advanced orthopedic training through fellowships. Many surgeons have decades of experience and are respected leaders in the field. Explore our pediatric orthopedic programs and specialties.
- Pediatric focus: We excel in techniques that do not hinder future growth and development. Specialists deliver age-appropriate therapies that help your child return to their favorite activities. Our experts stay current on the latest care methods and are advancing some specialties through publications and speaking engagements.
- Advanced care: We regularly assess and treat complicated cases. Areas of expertise include brachial plexus injuries, complex cervical spine issues, performing arts injuries, multi-ligament tears of the knee and limb length discrepancies. We use sophisticated options that aren’t widely available. We also perform revision surgery for common procedures that were not successful.