Information for Referring Providers
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is a destination for pediatric orthopedic care. Our team includes fellowship-trained experts in every subspecialty and renowned surgeons who are leaders in the field. We successfully treat rare and complex conditions and welcome the opportunity to care for your patient.
Expertise in Complex Pediatric Orthopedic IssuesJoe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital offers the highest level of care for complex orthopedic conditions in children. Many of our experts trained in the world’s top pediatric subspecialty programs and have decades of experience. Meet our team.
We often use a multidisciplinary approach to manage these conditions, leading to seamless care and excellent outcomes. Pediatric orthopedic experts meet regularly to plan treatments and discuss patient progress. We also collaborate with other Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital specialists and community providers whenever necessary.
Areas of expertise include:
- Bone and soft tissue tumors
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Complex cervical spine issues
- Congenital anomalies of the lower and upper extremities
- Hip preservation
- Limb length discrepancies
- Orthopedic complications of cerebral palsy
Exceptional Care for Common Orthopedic Conditions in ChildrenWe often treat patients with severe orthopedic injuries and ones that did not heal as expected.
Local providers often refer patients for:
- Advanced orthopedic trauma care, including multiple trauma
- Custom molded orthoses and splints
- Fracture malunion, nonunion or breaks affecting growth plates
- Performing arts and dance medicine services
- Scoliosis and other spine anomalies
- Severe sports injuries, including multiple ligament tears and compound fractures
Refer a Patient for Pediatric Orthopedic Services
To make a referral, we need basic information about the patient, their insurance and the referring provider. Our team will contact the patient’s family to schedule the appointment and share details with your office.