Pre-Procedure Testing During COVID-19
Pre-Procedure Testing for COVID-19
If your doctor orders a COVID test prior to your procedure testing is available for your convenience for only those patients aged 3 years and under on Tuesday’s and Friday’s 8am – 4:30pm at the Main JDCH Hospital campus location. For all other patients that it has been predetermined need testing, please refer to your community resources (i.e., local pharmacy, Department of Health, etc.) for testing.
When you bring your child for COVID testing we ask at this time you do not bring siblings or other family members with you. (For Surgical Patients only) When you arrive for COVID testing, please let the staff know that you’re there for the “pre-admission procedural/surgical COVID test.” There will not be a separate bill for this service – it is part of the procedure.
JDCH Main Hospital Outpatient Lab – No appointment is necessary
Families can valet park.
1005 Joe DiMaggio Drive, Hollywood FL 33021
If you have any questions, please call:
Please follow these requirements:
- COVID-19 testing should be completed 1-5 days prior to the procedure.
- Patients must be tested using a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for COVID-19 test or antigen testing from a lab (i.e., Walgreens, CVS, etc.) not a home test.
- Home tests are NOT accepted under any circumstances
- Families must bring results to the hospital in writing on the day of surgery so a copy can be placed in your child’s medical chart
- Result forms must have:
- Name of patient
- Date of test
- Type of test
- Name of lab performing test
- You will be called and notified by your physician if further information regarding your results is needed.
Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation!
[Replace with Clinical Trials - Parallax Feature MHS-25 recommended]
It matters to you. It matters to us.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Quality and Safety
See our hospital's patient satisfaction numbers, number of patients and more.View Quality and Safety
You have a Right to Know About Prices
We want to give you the information you need to make important healthcare decisions, including the costs of our services.View Pricing
View test results, schedule follow-up appointments, request prescription refills and more.Login or Sign-up to MyChart