Explore Our Pediatric Imaging Services
The Department of Pediatric Radiology & Medical Imaging at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital knows children are not simply smaller adults. Our advanced technology and extensive training help us deliver safe, compassionate pediatric imaging in a non-threatening environment. Dedicated technologists, nurses, support staff and board-certified pediatric radiologists are here for your family, 24/7.
We are proud to participate in a nationwide initiative called Image Gently®, a program of the Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging. This demonstrates our commitment to lowering and limiting radiation exposure in children.
In addition, we are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) as a Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence and are proud to offer the highest level of image quality and safety to our pediatric patients. To learn more, you can contact the radiology department directly at 954-265-0380.
Advanced Pediatric Imaging Services
Below are some examples of the pediatric imaging procedures we offer:
An advanced X-ray procedure that uses a continuous beam to show a moving image, like an X-ray movie.
Minimally invasive procedures that can sometimes prevent a child from having anesthesia or surgery.
Imaging technology that uses small amounts of radioactive material to diagnose and determine the severity of many diseases.
- CT (computed tomography) scans – Nuclear medicine that produces multiple images and cross-section or three-dimensional views to show the inside of the body in far greater detail than X-rays.
- PET (positron emission tomography) – A type of nuclear medicine that measures important body functions, like blood flow.
A powerful imaging technology that uses magnetic fields, radiofrequency pulses and computers to diagnose and treat children.
Also known as sonography, this scan uses high-frequency sound waves to produce images of the body's insides.
Noninvasive test that uses small amounts of radiation to produce images of bones.
Giselle’s Family Trusts Imaging Technology at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital
Specialized Care for Children
Children and families who need to visit the pediatric imaging department may be unsure of what to expect. We do everything that we can to alleviate fear, soothe anxiety and make your imaging experience more comfortable for you and your child. Special amenities at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital in Hollywood include:
- Valet parking
- Specialized pediatric sedation
- A child life specialist to guide you every step of the way
- A pirate-themed CT scanning room, where kids get to “walk the plank” and are cared for by “pirates,” complete with swords and parrots
- A model CT scanner, where children can “scan” a teddy bear to prepare for the experience
- Hospital-wide programs like clown therapy, “Pet-a-Pet,” playrooms and “Tu-Tu Tuesdays” add smiles to difficult times
Schedule a Pediatric Imaging Appointment
It matters to you. It matters to us.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Quality and Safety
See our hospital's patient satisfaction numbers, number of patients and more.View Quality and Safety
You have a Right to Know About Prices
We want to give you the information you need to make important healthcare decisions, including the costs of our services.View Pricing
View test results, schedule follow-up appointments, request prescription refills and more.Login or Sign-up to MyChart