Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital understands the challenges parents of children with complex medical conditions face. We are here to help you find the resources your child needs.
When it comes to comprehensive healthcare services for your child, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital’s Complex Chronic Care Coordination team is here for you. We work closely with your child’s healthcare team, taking into consideration your child’s specific medical needs, care goals, and family and community support systems.
What is Complex Chronic Care?
Pediatric complex chronic care provides healthcare for children and adolescents who have multiple complex healthcare needs and are often dependent on technological devices, like home ventilators or feeding tubes.
If your child has experienced a recent prolonged hospital stay, and requires advanced care, contact us.
Why Choose Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital for Complex Care Coordination?
We are committed to helping you access resources for your child’s healthcare needs and providing a seamless experience, including:
- Coordination of care for children with complex medical conditions.
- Transition of care visits for medically complex children, including when children experience the following changes in care environments:
- Hospital to home
- Skilled nursing facility to home
- Geographic relocation
- Shift from one care provider to another
- Office visits and on-call support for children with complex chronic medical conditions.
- Expert medical consultation and diagnostic services for children with rare diseases.
- Expert medical consultation for complex medical decision-making for providers and/or caregivers of children with complex conditions.
- Needs assessments for home and community-based medical services.
- Medical diagnostic and treatment services for children with multiple healthcare needs.
- Short and long-term medical planning for medically complex children.
To learn more about Complex Care coordination, call 954-265-6301.
Alison Davis Lavandosky, PA-C, MMS
Physician Assistant, Pediatric Critical Care
Ellen Axinn, APRN
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Pediatric Palliative Care
Dina Weiss, MSW, LCSW