Pediatric Rehabilitation Center
Our pediatric rehabilitation medicine specialists care for infants and children with physical challenges in inpatient hospital and outpatient clinics throughout South Florida.
Our pediatric physiatrists and therapists care for children and adolescents with physical challenges resulting from illness, injury, or disability. We offer inpatient and outpatient services, including physical, occupational, and speech-language therapy. Our team gets to know your child and their unique needs. Then, we work with you to develop a care plan that supports their abilities and goals.
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Rehabilitation Center offers patient- and family-centered pediatric rehabilitation services. Children can receive our care in our inpatient hospital and outpatient clinics conveniently located throughout South Florida. Our comprehensive approach addresses every aspect of care for children and adolescents with physical challenges resulting from illness, injury, or disability.
A team of pediatric physiatrists who specialize in treating physical and neurological conditions affecting how the brain, spinal cord, limbs, muscles, and nerves function leads our team. We take the time to get to know your child and their unique needs. Then, we work with you to develop a care plan that supports their individual abilities and goals.
We know treatment is most successful when it involves family members and other caregivers. Working together, we can help your child move forward.
Why Choose Us for Your Child's Rehabilitation Care?
When you trust Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital for your child’s rehabilitation needs, you can be sure they’re in good hands.
- Our Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) physicians, also known as physiatrists, have advanced expertise and training to address the medical and functional management of development, impairment and disability issues.
- We are the only rehabilitation program in South Florida to earn accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for our comprehensive, integrated acute care inpatient rehabilitation program.
- Our services use innovative technology, advanced diagnostic devices and state-of-the-art therapy equipment to help our patients reach their maximum potential.
- Our team collaborates with physicians within Memorial Healthcare System and the community to provide comprehensive care that maximizes all available community resources.
- We value collaboration and empower parents and other caregivers with education and support so they can fully engage in their child's rehabilitation.
- We follow evidence-based rehabilitation practices for safe, effective care that gets results.
- Our entire staff is dedicated to providing a patient- and family-centered environment to help you manage your child’s rehabilitation process and improve your family’s quality of life.
Inpatient Pediatric Rehabilitation Unit Tour
Our innovative, evidence-based care helps your child reach their full potential. Our treatments, conditions and services include:
- Brachial plexus injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Chronic pain
- Complications of severe medical illnesses
- Developmental disabilities with complications
- Feeding disorders
- Multiple trauma
- Muscular dystrophy
- Neurological complications from brain and spine tumors
- Neurological disorders
- Premature infants
- Spina bifida
- Spinal cord injury
- Aquatic therapy
- Art therapy
- Auditory-verbal therapy
- Augmentative alternative communication (ACC)
- Baclofen pump
- Botox injection
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Certified rehabilitation nursing
- Concussion (TBI) evaluations
- EMG nerve conduction studies
- Feeding therapy
- Handwriting Without Tears® Program
- Humor therapy
- Music therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Orthotics and prosthetics
- Pain management
- Pediatric pelvic floor rehab
- Pet therapy
- Physical therapy
- PROMPT for restructuring oral muscular phonetic targets
- Respiratory therapy
- Sensory integration therapy
- Skin biopsies for chronic pain
- Speech-language therapy
- Sports medicine
- Trigger point injection
- Vestibular therapy
- Voice therapy
- Child and adolescent life services
- Concussion Clinic
- Craniofacial Clinic
- Exercise physiology
- Nutrition services
- On-site teacher
- Social services
- Wheelchair Clinic
Our Rehabilitation Services
We offer inpatient and outpatient pediatric rehabilitation services at convenient locations throughout South Florida. Inpatient services are offered at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital in Hollywood. Outpatient services are provided at five community locations, so you have access to care close to where you live and work. Physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech-language pathology are offered at all centers, but individual services vary by location. Please contact the location directly for additional details.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Rehabilitation Centers:
It matters to you. It matters to us.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Quality and Safety
See our hospital's patient satisfaction numbers, number of patients and more.View Quality and Safety
You have a Right to Know About Prices
We want to give you the information you need to make important healthcare decisions, including the costs of our services.View Pricing
View test results, schedule follow-up appointments, request prescription refills and more.Login or Sign-up to MyChart