Explore Our Pediatric Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
From our child-sized equipment to experienced specialists, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital offers a kid-friendly approach to pediatric outpatient rehabilitation. We provide a wide range of services for children with health challenges due to illness, injury or disorders present at birth. In addition, our sports rehabilitation team meets the unique needs of children and adolescents with sports injuries.
We tailor our care to meet each child’s specific needs. And we adapt our approach as your child’s abilities and priorities change.
Our specialists include doctors specializing in pediatric rehabilitation (physiatrists), nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, and other healthcare professionals. And all have extensive education, training and experience in caring for children. Together, we help your child reach their full potential. As a result, you can be confident your child is getting the best care available.
Our conveniently located facilities offer a welcoming, comfortable environment and staff that treats you like family. Outpatient rehabilitation and sports medicine services are provided throughout South Florida and vary by location.
Outpatient Pediatric Rehabilitation Program
We offer a wide range of outpatient rehabilitation services to maximize function, improve mobility and foster independence. Our innovative, evidence-based care helps your child reach their full potential. Learn more.
A Team of Experts Dedicated to Your Child
At Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, our pediatric rehabilitation specialists are by your side throughout every stage of your child’s rehabilitation care. Our outpatient rehabilitation services are available at locations throughout South Florida, so we can work with your child at a convenient time and place for your family.
We are the only pediatric rehabilitation program in South Florida with fellowship-trained, board-certified pediatric physiatrists. Our therapists develop personalized treatment plans that use the latest treatments, techniques and equipment to improve your child’s function and mobility.
Our rehabilitation care team includes:
- Physiatrists. Doctors who specialize in physical and neurological conditions affecting how the brain, spinal cord, muscles and nerves function.
- Physical therapists. Help children improve mobility and function without surgery or other invasive procedures.
- Occupational therapists. Teach children skills and exercises to increase their ability to perform day-to-day tasks and encourage independence.
- Speech-language therapists. Help children improve their ability to understand and use language, swallow correctly and speak clearly.
- Exercise physiologists. Create customized exercise and fitness plans to increase function, mobility and overall health.
Outpatient rehabilitation services start with a referral from your child’s physician. From there, our Patient Financial Services Representative outlines any insurance or financial issues. Based on your child's unique needs, we will then register your child as a patient and schedule their first appointment with the appropriate specialist. A personalized packet of information will provide details about our services and forms that help evaluate your child’s health challenges.
Our team of pediatric outpatient rehabilitation specialists works with you to carefully evaluate your child’s health history, condition and abilities. Then we craft a personalized care plan designed to improve your child’s function, increase mobility and promote independence. We involve the entire family throughout the process to give everyone in the household a better understanding of the care involved.
When your child comes in for an appointment, you can expect:
- A kid-friendly approach that keeps care fun and engaging with age-appropriate techniques
- A warm, friendly atmosphere in every facility that promotes healing and growth in convenient locations close to home
- Access to a wide range of services such as feeding and voice programs, injury and risk screening, and autism care that provides additional aid for different health needs
- Assistance managing your child’s care needs, scheduling and treatment requirements
- Care that includes physical, occupational and speech-language therapy, sports medicine and feeding treatment depending on your child’s unique needs
- Education and support to empower the caregivers and family members in your child's life
- Patient- and family-centered care that provides comprehensive evaluation, accurate diagnosis, and safe and effective treatment options
- Private rooms for evaluation and treatment
We believe every child deserves a rich, active life filled with opportunity and promise. Our patient- and family-centered care provides support that includes your entire family. We listen with empathy and compassion to learn the physical, mental and emotional challenges each child faces. And to better understand your child's "big picture," we connect with the teachers, healthcare professionals and others who form their community. Our real-life solutions help restore function, increase mobility and improve your child’s quality of life.
We're proud of our results. Our goal is to restore function to the highest possible level based on your child’s individual needs and abilities.
We offer inpatient and outpatient pediatric rehabilitation services at convenient locations throughout South Florida. Inpatient services are offered at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital in Hollywood. Outpatient services are provided at five community locations, so you have access to care close to where you live and work. Physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech-language pathology are offered at all centers, but individual services vary by location. Please contact the location directly for additional details.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Rehabilitation Centers
- Pembroke Pines
- Coral Springs
It matters to you. It matters to us.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Quality and Safety
See our hospital's patient satisfaction numbers, number of patients and more.View Quality and Safety
You have a Right to Know About Prices
We want to give you the information you need to make important healthcare decisions, including the costs of our services.View Pricing
View test results, schedule follow-up appointments, request prescription refills and more.Login or Sign-up to MyChart