Pediatric Surgery Conditions
When your child requires surgery, you need a team of qualified specialists whose goals are to deliver the best care possible in the most effective way. Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital provides comprehensive, compassionate high-quality care to families in South Florida and beyond.
Specially trained therapy dogs provide extra comfort for patients and families through the healing power of play.
Pediatric Surgery Conditions We Treat
Our team provides a full spectrum of emergency and elective procedures, treating both common and rare conditions, including:
- Pediatric appendicitis: The appendix is a narrow, finger-shaped pouch connected to the large intestine. An inflamed appendix can burst and cause a dangerous infection, so your child may need urgent surgery to remove it. Learn more about pediatric appendicitis.
- Pediatric hernias: Hernias happen when an organ pushes through an opening in the muscle or tissue that holds it in place. We can repair hernias in the belly, groin, upper abdomen and abdominal wall. Learn more about pediatric hernias.
- Pediatric gastrointestinal conditions: Gastrointestinal surgery repairs problems in the digestive system. These organs include the esophagus, stomach, intestines, rectum, liver, gallbladder and pancreas. Learn more about pediatric gastrointestinal conditions.
- Pediatric chest wall deformities: We offer a multidisciplinary clinic for chest wall deformities. Learn more about pediatric thoracic surgery.
- Pediatric breast and ovarian conditions: We treat masses, cysts and other issues within a child’s breasts and ovaries. Learn more about pediatric breast and ovarian conditions.
- Pediatric urological procedures: We perform circumcision, a routine outpatient procedure. Our surgeons can also correct underdeveloped testes (undescended testes) in baby boys. Learn more about pediatric urological procedures.
- Neonatal congenital anomalies: We treat a wide range of anomalies, or conditions that are present at birth. The causes can vary, ranging from a complicated pregnancy or birth to viral infections in the womb and faulty genes. Learn more about neonatal surgery.
- Pediatric cancer surgery: Our surgeons are part of the hospital’s multidisciplinary pediatric cancer and blood disorders group. We treat all types of cancer, including Wilms tumor, hepatoblastoma and neuroblastoma.
- Pediatric traumatic injuries: We’re equipped to care for your child in life-threatening situations. Our trauma surgeons provide around-the-clock, specialized emergency care, often using minimally invasive procedures. Learn more about our Pediatric Trauma Center.
Our surgical specialists consult with doctors across Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. From cardiologists to orthopedists and many more, we work closely together with your family to coordinate treatment plans. Turn to us for comprehensive care of your child’s health needs.
To schedule an appointment at any location, call 954-265-0072.