Awards and Recognition
The work we do at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital earns us many nursing awards and recognitions. But the real rewards are the smiles on the faces of the children we care for each day.
We strive for excellence in everything we do and seek to exceed the expectations of the families we serve. The awards we receive reflect the extraordinary work of our nurses.
Journey to Excellence: Seeking Magnet® Designation
Our hospital is currently on the Journey to Magnet Excellence®, a recognition of our commitment to nursing excellence. This journey toward the most prestigious designation for nursing excellence has helped us grow towards greater nursing excellence and supports the way we work as professional nurses at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital.
Awards and Accolades
We consistently rank as one of South Florida’s leading pediatric hospitals. We also celebrate the contributions of our nurses with quarterly DAISY Foundation™ awards and annual awards for DAISY nurse leader and DAISY team. Find out more about Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital.
Recognized as a Top Children’s Hospital in November 2020. This is a distinction achieved only by an elite group of hospitals that meet the nation’s toughest standards for safety and quality.
U.S. News & World Report
- Best Children’s Hospital for Pediatric Orthopedics (2022-23; 2021-22, 2020-21, 2019-20: highest ranked in FL, 2018-19, 2017-18, 2016-17, 2015-16, 2014-15)
- Best Children’s Hospital for Pediatric Cardiology and Heart Surgery (2022-23, 2021-22, 2020-21, 2016-17, 2015-16)
Extracorporeal Life Support Organization
Gold Level Award for Excellence in Life Support, 2020
Designated as a Gold-Certified Planetree Person-Centered Care Certified Site, the first children’s hospital in the world to achieve such an honor. (February 2017)
- Guardian of Excellence: Patient Experience
- Pinnacle of Excellence: Child CAHPS; Inpatient Pediatrics
- Guardian of Excellence, 2020
Adult Congenital Heart Association
ACHA ACHD Accredited Comprehensive Care Center, five-year accreditation (December 2017)
Stage 7 – HIMSS Analytics Electronic Medical Record Adoption Model, measures the adoption and use of electronic medical record functions (awarded November 2017)
Children’s Cardiomyopathy Foundation
Accredited Center of Care
American College of Surgeons
- Verified as a Level II Pediatric Trauma Center, September 2017, three-year accreditation
- Memorial Regional Hospital verified as a Level 1 Trauma Center
- Children’s Surgical Verification, Level I Accreditation, February 2021, three-year accreditation
Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
Awarded in 2020
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Accredited as a Core Care Center since 2014
American College of Radiology
Designated as a Center of Excellence, 2020
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Craniofacial Center
Designated as Cleft Palate Team and Craniofacial Team by Commission of Approval Teams
United Network for Organ Sharing
Approved for pediatric heart transplant since 2010; approved for pediatric kidney transplant, 2020
Choose Nursing at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital
Our nurses work in more than 50 children’s health specialties and services.