Why Choose Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital
You may already know that Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is one of the region’s leading pediatric hospitals. But did you know that we have close to 10,000 admissions and observations under our belt? Or more than 7,000 pediatric surgeries each year? Here are some other figures that help tell the impressive story of our world-class system.
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, Memorial Hospital West and Memorial Hospital Miramar all have Pediatric Emergency Departments.
- Each year, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital alone records close to 70,000 pediatric emergency department visits.
- System-wide, we have recorded approximately 101,342 pediatric emergency department visits.
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital has the only pediatric trauma center (Level I) in South Broward County.
- Our Level II & Level III NICU features 84 beds.
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit has 22 beds, as well as 12 beds for Intermediate Care.
- Our Medical/Surgical Unit offers 86 beds.
- The Hematology/Oncology Unit has 24 beds.
- Our Child/Adolescent Psychology unit features 12 licensed beds.
- Our CARF-accredited inpatient rehab unit includes six beds.
- The Sleep Lab at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital has four beds.
Trust the Experts at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital When It Matters Most
Awards and Accolades
- Best Children’s Hospitals, Orthopedics, U.S. News & World Report: 2021-2022, 2020-2021, 2019-2020, 2018-2019, 2017-2018, 2016-2017, 2015-2016
- Best Children’s Hospitals, Cardiology & Heart Surgery, U.S. News & World Report: 2021-2022, 2020-2021, 2016-2017
- Broward Family Favorite, South Florida Family Life: 2021
- World’s First Children’s Hospital named Planetree Designated® Person-Centered Organization: 2017
- Best Children’s Hospitals, Urology, U.S. News & World Report: 2015-2016, 2014-2015
- Favorite Pediatric Hospital, Broward Family Life’s BFF (Broward’s Family Favorites): 2013
- Favorite Pediatric Emergency Room, Broward Family Life’s BFF (Broward’s Family Favorites): 2013
- Best Emergency Room for Kids in Broward County, South Florida Parenting: 2013, 2012, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001
- Best Hospital for Pediatrics in Broward County, South Florida Parenting: 2013, 2012 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996
- Best Physicians/Medical Offices in Broward County, [U18] Sports Medicine, South Florida Parenting: 2013
- Hall of Fame: Best of the Best Pediatric Hospitals, South Florida Parenting: 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
- USGBC GalaVerde Award, Outstanding LEED New Construction/Healthcare, USGBC South Florida: 2012
- Excellence in Patient Care “Special Category” Award – Physician Satisfaction, Studer Group®: 2011
- Excellence in Patient Care “Special Category” Award – Children's Hospitals and Clinics, Studer Group®: 2010
- Best of the Best: Readers’ Choice, Florida’s Top Hospitals for Quality of Care, Organizational Culture, Communication, Professional Development and Retention Efforts, Advance for Nurses: 2009, 2008
- Best Hospital for Families with Special Needs, South Florida Parenting: 2009, 2003
- Best Nursing Team, Pediatric Emergency Department, Advance for Nurses: 2008
- Fire Starter, Studer Group: January 2008
- Best Nursing Team, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Advance for Nurses: 2002
- Best Nursing Staff, Florida Medical Business: 2001
- Best Pediatric Emergency Room, Florida Baby: 1999
- Safe City, National Safety Council: 1998
- Safety Net, National Association of Public Hospitals & Health Systems: 1998