Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital physicians are providing in-person, telehealth and telephone visits. We are taking necessary precautions to keep you safe while visiting our facilities. If you need care, please call your physician’s office or schedule an in-office or telehealth appointment.
Our specially trained interventional radiology team performs minimally invasive, image-guided procedures to diagnose and treat disease in children. Treatment by interventional radiologists may mean less risk, less pain and a faster recovery for your child.
What is Interventional Radiology?
Interventional radiology is a specialty focused on using imaging technology to guide procedures of minimal invasiveness to assess a patient and to deliver treatment. Pediatric interventional radiologists are board-certified in radiology and specially trained in using imaging technology and techniques tailored to infants and children.
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital has dedicated procedure suites with advanced technology designed for children.
Trust Our Family to Care for Yours
If your child is referred to interventional radiology, trust our team of pediatric experts to provide advanced care customized in the best interest of your child.
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is a committed participant in the nationwide Image Gently® initiative. This program of the Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging is dedicated to limiting radiation exposure in children.
- In addition, we are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) as a Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence and offer the highest level of image quality and safety to our pediatric patients. Learn more by contacting the radiology department at 954-265-0380 .
Pediatric Interventional Radiology Services
- Abscess drainage
- Aneurysm coiling
- Aneurysmal bone cyst (ABC) sclerosis or ablation
- Arteriovenous malformation embolization
- Biliary intervention
- Botox injections
- Chest Port placement
- Chest tube placement
- Dialysis catheter placement
- Dialysis Fistula or Graft intervention
- Epidural blood patch
- Esophageal dilation
- Gastrojejunostomy (GJ) placement
- Joint injections
- Lumbar puncture
- Lymphangiogram and thoracic duct embolization
- Lymphatic malformation sclerotherapy
- Microwave ablation
- Nephrostomy placement
- Osteoid Osteoma ablation
- Peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) placement
- Spine tumor ablation and embolization
- Thrombectomy and thrombolysis
- TIPS (Tranjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt)
- Transjugular liver biopsy
- Unicameral bone cyst (UBC) sclerosis and bone grafting
- Varicose vein ablation
- Venous malformation sclerotherapy