Aiysha Balbosa, DO
Wellington, FL 33449
Coral Springs, FL 33076
Medical Director, Pediatric Otolaryngology, Joe DiMaggio Children's Health Specialty Center – Wellington
I am a pediatric otolaryngologist at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital and the medical director of the new Pediatric ENT program in Wellington, serving the Palm Beach community. I treat children with a variety of ear nose and throat conditions, including chronic ear infections, hearing loss, tonsil and adenoid disease, congenital syndromes, noisy breathing, voice disorders and sinus disease.
I knew I wanted to be a doctor at a very young age, and was inspired by my uncle, who is a neonatologist. I enjoy working with children and their families, and having the ability to make a difference in their health and lives through medical care and surgery.
In addition to providing patient care, I'm also actively involved in teaching medical students and young doctors as they embark on their careers in medicine.
Before joining Memorial, I developed the department of Pediatric Otolaryngology for Driscoll Children's Hospital in Corpus Christi, Texas, as part of Children's Physician Services of South Texas.
I was also very active in the community in Texas. I volunteered and served on the board of two local non-profit organizations: Special Hearts in the Arts, which helped individuals with special needs explore the arts; and Kids Get Fit, which targeted the problem of childhood obesity through nutrition, mindfulness and physical activity programs.
Now, at Joe DiMaggio, I'm proud to be a part of a team devoted to caring for children in the Broward and Palm Beach community.
Related Medical Services
- New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine, 2006
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Warren, 2011, Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
- Baylor College Of Medicine Program, 2012, Pediatric Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
- American Osteopathic College of Otolaryngology/HNS
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- American Osteopathic Association
Past research projects include:
- Evaluation of Comprehensive, Community Based Wellness Program for Children in Corpus Christi, TX
- 2001-02: Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- The role of reproductive toxins in the induction of cervical tumors in animal models
- TGF-beta-mediated cell cycle arrest of HPV16-immortalized human ectocervical cells
- Virginia Institute of Marine Science-The College of William and Mary, Gloucester Point, VA
- Effect of site location and parasite load on the condition index and lipid content of the Eastern Oyster, Crassostrea virginica
- Evaluation of Comprehensive, Community Based Wellness Program for Children in Corpus Christi, TX (Poster) Carbonell FM, Roberts J, Balbosa AC. American Academy of Pediatrics-Chicago, IL
- Management of Subglottic Hemangiomas in Children, Review of the Literature (Poster) Balbosa AC. American Osteopathic College of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery-Tucson, AR
- Review of the Use of Balloon Sinuplasty in Pediatric Patients (Poster) Balbosa AC. American Osteopathic College of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery-Orlando, FL
- Otologic Presentations of Wegener’s Granulomatosis (Poster) Balbosa AC. American Osteopathic College of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery-Lost Pines, TX
- Chondroid Syringoma of the Neck (Poster) Balbosa AC. American Osteopathic College of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery- Chicago, IL