Your First Visit
Welcome to the Cleft and Craniofacial Center family at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. Our entire team looks forward to meeting your child and family, and beginning your child’s care journey. Read on for what to expect during your first visit to our office.
Preparing for Your First Visit
In the weeks before your child’s first visit with us, you will receive a packet of information via email or in the mail—including a letter with your child’s appointment date, time, and other information. Please call the office when you receive the packet if your current mailing address and phone number on file has or will change so you don’t miss this or any additional important information.
About a week before your child’s first visit, a craniofacial team nurse will call you to review your child’s medical information. You will also receive reminder calls leading up to your appointment.
If you cannot keep your appointment, please call us to reschedule:954-276-1550
Please bring the following items to your child’s first visit:
- Insurance card
- Legal guardianship documentation, if applicable
- List of medications and immunization record
- List of questions you would like to ask
- Medical records
- Payment or co-pays, if applicable
- Photo ID for parent/guardian bringing the child to the visit
- Snacks, drinks and whatever else you and your child may need to be comfortable
You can expect the following to happen during your child’s first visit:
- Photos of your child will be taken for clinical purposes only
- Visits with specialized providers for you and your child
- Individual provider evaluations based on your child’s needs
- Interaction with other families, if desired
We want you and your family to feel as comfortable as possible during this visit. While you are here, your child’s specialists will meet with you and get to know your child, their condition and care goals. We'll also answer any questions you have about everything covered during your visit.
If you’d like an interpreter, please call the office a few days before your appointment to let us know.
After your first visit, your care team will develop a customized care plan based on your child’s needs and condition. Here’s what will happen next:
- The team will meet to develop a comprehensive and individual treatment care plan for your child.
- You will receive a call from the craniofacial team nurse case manager to review and explain the treatment plan and assist you with the recommendations. If you have any further questions, you can call the patient care coordinator at 954-276-1554.
- You will receive a letter via MyChart and in the mail with the team’s approved treatment plan.
- If your child needs a surgical procedure, we will provide the telephone number of the surgeon’s scheduler so you can make arrangements. The surgeon’s scheduler will let you know the surgery details and coordinate with your insurance company.
It matters to you. It matters to us.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Quality and Safety
See our hospital's patient satisfaction numbers, number of patients and more.View Quality and Safety
You have a Right to Know About Prices
We want to give you the information you need to make important healthcare decisions, including the costs of our services.View Pricing
View test results, schedule follow-up appointments, request prescription refills and more.Login or Sign-up to MyChart