Chelsea Gordner, DO
Memorial Division of Pediatric Endocrinology
1951 SW 172 Avenue Suite 204
Miramar, FL 33029
Memorial Division of General Endocrinology
1951 SW 172nd Avenue Suite 405
Miramar, FL 33029
I grew up in Florida and attended osteopathic medical school at Nova Southeastern University. Then I moved to Massachusetts where I completed my residency training in internal medicine and pediatrics and a four-year combined fellowship in adult and pediatric endocrinology. I worked at Baystate Medical Center before moving back home to South Florida, where I now get to live closer to my extended family.
I was inspired as a young girl to go into medicine to help others and became fascinated by endocrinology. In this field, every patient is like a puzzle, and I get to help them find the clues, treatments and tools to help them feel their best. Since many of the conditions are chronic, lifelong or long-term, I often work with patients for many years and develop deep relationships with them.
Before joining Memorial, I was the director of inpatient diabetes care at Baystate and was heavily involved with population health initiatives to improve diabetes care across our health system. I was also involved with graduate medical education for University of Massachusetts medical students and residents in internal medicine, pediatrics or a combination of the two, and served as the associate program director for the adult and pediatric endocrine fellowships. I also launched a Pediatric Gender Clinic at my institution in 2014 and served as the director until 2022.
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteop Med, 2005
Baystate Medical Center, 2009, Internal Medicine
Baystate Medical Center, 2013, Pediatric Endocrinology
American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatric Endocrinology
American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatrics
Awards, Achievements, and More
PublicationsPlease view Dr. Chelsea Gordner’s publications on PubMed.
ResearchMy research interests include pediatric gender care and optimizing the transition of care for young adults with diabetes mellitus. I have also been involved with several quality improvement projects in pediatric Type 1 diabetes, optimizing glucose control in pregnancy, use of certified diabetes educators across a large health system and mentoring primary care nurse practitioners to manage diabetes mellitus within the medical home.
- New England American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, Executive Board Member
- American Diabetes Association
- Endocrine Society
- Pediatric Endocrine Society
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- “Approach to Adrenal Insufficiency in Primary Care.” The 8th Annual Practical Medicine & Pediatrics Symposium, Hancock, Massachusetts, October 2014.
- “Cutaneous Manifestations of Endocrine Disease,” The 8th Annual Practical Medicine & Pediatrics Symposium, Hancock, Massachusetts, October 2014.
- “State of the Art Update in Diabetes Management for Adults and Children.” The 7th Annual Practical Medicine & Pediatrics Symposium, Mystic, Connecticut, October 2013.
- “What’s New in Adult and Pediatric Endocrinology.” The 7th Annual Practical Medicine & Pediatrics Symposium, Mystic, Connecticut, October 2013.
- “Beyond Sugar: Diabetes Solutions.” Health New England Member Symposium, August 2021.
- “Care of the Pregnant Patient with Diabetes.” American Association of Diabetes Educators, Western New England University, April 2019.
- Public Forum on Care of Trans Youth. Shriners Hospital for Children, Springfield, Massachusetts, April 2019.
- “Introduction to the Inpatient Care of Pediatric Patients with Diabetes.” Spring Seminar, Shriners Hospital for Children, Springfield, Massachusetts, May 2018.
- “Diabetes Technology: An Overview of Pumps, CGMs and Closed Loop Insulin Delivery.” Endocrine Symposium, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts, October 2017.
- “Basic Diabetes Education and Motivational Interviewing.” Nursing Symposium, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts, April 2017.
- “Hormones: Do They Define Us?” Women’s Health Forum, Massachusetts Medical Society Symposium, April 2017.
- “Healthcare in the New Millennium: Addressing Health Disparities and Promoting Equity.” Harvard Health Care Symposium, March 2017.
- “Adult Considerations in Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Management.” New England American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 8th Annual Meeting, Marlborough, Massachusetts, November 2016.
- “Transgender 101: An Intro to Trans and Gender Nonconforming Youth.” Pediatric Spring Seminar, Shriners Hospital for Children, Springfield, Massachusetts, May 2016.
- “Transgender Youth: A Primer for the Primary Care Physician.” Keynote speaker, Hamden District Medical Society, Holyoke, Massachusetts, April 2016.
- “Insulin Pump Therapy: Who, When and How to Start.” Endocrine Symposium, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts, March 2016.
- “Type 2 Diabetes Management: Metformin and Beyond.” Endocrine Symposium, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts, March 2014.
- “Type 2 Diabetes in Children and Adolescents.” Endocrine Symposium, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts, March 2013.
- Physician Leadership Academy, Baystate Health, 2020
- Mentors Matters Peer Mentoring Program, Tufts University School of Medicine, 2015
- Nomination for Excellence in Teaching Award, Tufts University School of Medicine, 2014
- Excellence in Primary Care, Tufts University School of Medicine, 2009
- Excellence in Teaching, Tufts University School of Medicine, 2009
- Excellence in Teaching, Tufts University School of Medicine, 2006
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA) Osteopathic Health Policy Internship, AOA, Washington, D.C., 2004
- Psi Sigma Alpha National Osteopathic Scholastic Honor Society, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 2004
- Certificate of Humanitarianism for Missionary Work (Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL), 2002
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA) Leadership Award (Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL), 2002