Mauricio Flores, MD
I am a pediatric endocrinologist at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital. I treat patients with thyroid disorders, diabetes, short stature, metabolic syndrome, and pubertal and lipid disorders.
I knew at an early age that I wanted to be a physician. I love the special connections that I develop with my patients and their caregivers, and knowing that I am helping my patients to grow and thrive.
I try to make sure every patient feels comfortable with me. I want them to feel at ease and confident in the steps we are taking to improve their health. I pride myself on being a top performing physician at my previous clinical positions as well as maintaining excellent patient satisfaction outcomes.
Before joining Memorial Healthcare System, I was the medical director of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes at Driscoll Children's Hospital in Texas.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Flores
- Universidad Evangelica De El Salvador, 1996
- Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Ctr Prog, 2003, Pediatrics
- Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Ctr Prog, 2005, Pediatrics
- Military Hospital of El Salvador, 1999, Family Medicine
- Social Security Health System, 2002, Family Medicine
- Winthrop University Hospital, 2008, Pediatric Endocrinology
- American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatric Endocrinology
- American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatrics
- Flores M, DelaRosa D. Novel Mutation of the Tissue Alkaline Phosphatase Tissue-Nonspecific Gene Detected in a 2 year-old with Mild Hypophosphatasia. Submitted for poster presentation atthe Annual Endocrine Society Meeting in June 2013, San Francisco, CA. Abstract # P1-640
- Karen S. Fernández, Reuben Antony, Rishi R. Lulla, Mauricio Flores, Valeria C. Benavides, Craig Mitchell. Brainstem Glioma Responsive to Pegvisomant and Chemotherapy in a Patient with NF-1 related Optic Pathway Glioma and Growth Hormone Excess. Neuro Oncol 14(suppl 1): i74. June 2012.
- Flores M, Kim J. Phenotypic Expression of a Pre-Pubertal Girl with STAR syndrome due to a Full Deletion of FAM53 gene and Response to Recombinant Human Growth Hormone. Poster presentation at the Annual Endocrine Society Meeting in June 2010, San Diego, CA. Abstract # P1-676.
- Flores M, Dave-Sharma, S, Eating Habits, Lifestyle and Lipid Profile in Overweight Hispanic Children and Adolescents of the South Bronx, New York. 87th Annual Meeting of The Endocrine Society, San Diego, CA, June 4-7, 2005, Abstract # P1-720 pg. 350.
- Flores M, Yeh, JK, Castro-Magana, M. Combined Effect of Risedronate and Prostaglandin E2 on Bone Metabolism of Hypophysectomized Rats. 17th Annual Meeting and Clinical Congress, May 2008, Orlando Florida. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologist (AACE), abstract # 516 pg. 65-66 and Pediatric Academic Society and Lawson and Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society Meeting, May 2008, Honolulu, Hawaii. Abstract # 5817.4
- Flores M, Castro-Magana, Morbidly Obese Child with Dysmetabolic Syndrome and Positive GAD-65 AB. 5th Annual Sherman M. Holvey Forum in Diabetes, February 2007, San Antonio, Texas.
- Faculty Award: Teaching Attending of the Year 2015, Driscoll Children’s Hospital Residency Program
- Faculty Award: 1st Runner up, Teaching Attending of the Year 2010. University of Chicago at Peoria, Illinois, Residency Program
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Lawson & Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society
- Endocrine Society
- National Lipid Association
- Novel Mutation of the Tissue Alkaline Phosphatase Tissue-Nonspecific Gene Detected in a 2 year-old with Mild Hypophosphatasia. Submitted for poster presentation at the Annual Endocrine Society Meeting in June 2013, San Francisco, CA. Abstract # P1-640
- Eating Habits, Lifestyle and Lipid Profile in Overweight Hispanic Children and Adolescents of the South Bronx, New York” presented at the Endocrine Society Annual Meeting, June 2005, San Diego, California
- Combined Effect of Risedronate and Prostaglandin E2 on Bone Metabolism of Hypophysectomized Rats. Presented at the Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society Annual Meeting, May 2007, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Late-onset Congenital Hypothyroidism with Progressive Pituitary Dysfunction due to PROP-1 Gene Mutation, presented at the New York Thyroid Club Annual Meeting, Winthrop University Hospital, April 2006.
- Congenital Hyperinsulinism, A De Novo Mutation Discovered, presented at the Long Island Clinical Endocrinologist Annual Meeting, Winthrop University Hospital, October 2007.