Drive-through COVID-19 Testing for Children
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is providing convenient drive-through COVID-19 testing for children by appointment at C.B. Smith Park in Pembroke Pines. Our pediatric experts are specially trained to test children of all ages in a caring compassionate way.
To register a child, call 954-276-4680 between 7:30 am and 5:30 pm.
Parents must register each child separately and bring one child at a time. If parents also register in advance, they may be tested during the same appointment as their child. Parents will be called with test results.
Testing Criteria for Children
In order to be tested, children must meet the following criteria:
- Age 18 or younger
- Exposed to positive COVID-19 person(s)
- Previously tested positive and need retesting
Starting June 9, criteria will expand to include all children regardless of exposure or symptoms.
Days and Hours of Testing
Testing for children is available at C.B. Smith Park three days per week:
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday only
- 8:30 am – 1:30 pm
What to Bring
Please bring the following items to the testing site:
- Your driver's license
- A mask, which is required in order to get out of the car and sit next to a child in the back seat
- You will need to place a piece of paper with your child's full name, date of birth and confirmation number written on it on the dashboard
What to Expect at the Park
Datasource: Set Video Source here
- Parent/legal guardian(s) will be permitted to bring children for testing one child at a time per appointment slot. This will allow us to ensure the patient’s appointment time matches their identification.
- When you arrive at the park, there will be checkpoints leading to tents for testing. There is a separate testing lane just for children.
- Prepare to show your driver’s license to the testing team.
- Display on your dashboard a piece of paper with the child’s full name, date of birth and confirmation number
- Children will remain in their car seats/boosters.
- Parents wearing masks may get out of the car and sit next to their child in the back seat to comfort and assist with positioning.
- The inside of your child’s nose will be rubbed with a long soft cotton swab.
- Two staff members wearing PPE will be available to assist with swabbing your child’s nose.
- You will exit the park and will be called with your child’s test results.
Learn more about what to expect and how to prepare your child for the experience.
Learn about adult COVID-19 drive-through test site at C.B. Smith Park.