Children Can Now Be Tested for COVID-19 at C.B. Smith Park
The Drive-Thru Community Testing Site at C.B. Smith Park has extended its criteria for testing, which now includes children.
The current criteria for testing at C.B. Smith Drive-Thru site is:
- Children of all ages who are symptomatic or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or who previously tested positive and need to be re-tested.
- Any one 18 years and older, first responders, and healthcare workers regardless of symptoms.
Starting June 9, criteria will further expand to include all children regardless of exposure or symptoms.
Appointments for children will be available Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Parents must register each child separately, and only one child per car will be tested to help provide a positive experience for the child. Parents who wish to test more than one child would need to make separate appointments for each child. Parents can also get tested during their child’s appointment, as long as they register in advance. To register, call 954-276-4680 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
What to Expect at the Park
- One pediatric “lane” will be provided with two testing stations.
- Parent/legal guardian(s) will be permitted to bring children for testing one child at a
time per appointment slot. This will allow us to ensure the patient’s appointment time matches their identification.
- Children will remain in their car seats/boosters.
- Parents appropriately masked will be allowed to get out of the car and sit near the
child for comfort and assist with positioning if they so desire.
- Two staff members will be available to assist with swabbing.