Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Mobile Health Center
The Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Mobile Health Center provides free, pediatric healthcare services to uninsured children residing in South Broward Hospital District, including:
- School physicals and vaccines
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine
- Vision and hearing screenings
- Flu vaccine
- Primary care physician referrals
- Video telehealth appointments are available for sick patients
One City at a Time Program
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital with Memorial Healthcare System has launched a new community program called “One City at a Time.” Mobile health center vans will be stationed in different cities in south Broward County for extended periods of time to bring free patient- and family-centered primary care closer to underinsured people in underserved neighborhoods.
Beginning in May 2023, our adult and pediatric vans will be stationed at the same location in Hallandale Beach from 9 am – 4 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays for six weeks, then one day a week for two years. Similar programs are planned for Miramar, Dania Beach and Hollywood.
Pediatric and adult medicine professionals will provide primary care, vaccines, health screenings, school physicals and nutritional counseling. They can also make referrals to dentists, determine Medicaid eligibility and link individuals to social services. No appointment is needed and there is no charge for any service provided.
View our calendar - Location variesDownload Calendar
Our Children's Mobile Health Center travels to different locations throughout South Broward Hospital District every month. Below are some of the venues we frequently visit:
- Austin Hepburn Center
- Carver Ranches Library
- CW Thomas Park
- Hallandale Beach Branch Library
- McTyre Park
- Washington Park
The mobile unit calendars are subject to change due to unforeseen operational issues. Patients scheduled on those days will be contacted to be rescheduled.
- A copy of the child's current immunization record is required for immunizations.
- Immunizations are provided for those without health insurance, from birth to 17 years old.
- Parents/Legal guardian must complete and have notarized the Kinship Letter to Treat form in its entirety, if not accompanying the patient to visit.
- Schedule is subject to change without notice.
Call Centralized Scheduling for an appointment, Monday - Friday from 7:30 am - 5:30 pm.