Memorial Hospital Miramar Children's Services
Miramar, FL 33029
About Our Emergency Room
Complete with advanced technology, the Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Emergency Department at Memorial Hospital Miramar helps ease a child's fears often associated with a trip to the ER. Its lighthearted atmosphere filled with electric trains, a water-filled bubbling window, TVs, games and color murals helps distract kids from the serious work of the pediatric emergency physicians and registered nurses who work around-the-clock, every day of the year.
For minor child emergencies (patients under 18 years old), you may want to schedule your appointment online. Appointments are available seven days a week for children.
Schedule a Children's Emergency Visit
Pediatric Emergency Guidelines
- Staffed 24 hours a day with dedicated physicians, nurses and support staff, specially trained in pediatric emergency medicine
- Equipment along with our staff can handle a wide variety of emergencies
- Separate emergency entrance, triage, waiting and treatment rooms
- Severity of the illness or injury determines the order children are seen
- Your child will be seen by a registered nurse at the check-in (triage) desk
- Please do not give your child anything to eat or drink until seen by a doctor
- During busy times there may be a wait
- Children with immediate needs are always seen first
- Once evaluated a patient representative will register your child as a patient
Procedures & Tests
- All procedures will be explained to the child and parent or guardian
- Some procedures may be performed in a special treatment room
- It is possible that you may not be able to be present for all procedures
- After any x-ray and/or lab work you will need to wait for the results
- Instructions and follow up care will be discussed with your child and parent/ guardian upon discharge
Can Children Be Treated in the Absence of Parents?
- Except in emergency circumstances consent from a parent is needed for treatment, if child is under 18 years old
- If you are planning a trip and will be away from your child, leave a notarized consent/power of attorney for treatment of your child
- Our Community Relations Department offers power of attorney and Child ID Services. For additional information please call (954) 276-5985.