Kidney Care (Nephrology)
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is providing in-person, telehealth and telephone visits. We are taking necessary precautions to keep you safe while visiting our facilities. If you need care, please call your physician’s office or schedule an in-office or telehealth appointment.
Kidney diseases can affect a child's quality of life in different ways. At Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital, our Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension Program offers the medical expertise and support your child needs.
Our experienced team of pediatric nephrologists and other specialists provides comprehensive, compassionate care to infants, children and adolescents with acute and chronic kidney disorders and hypertension — all in an environment designed especially for younger patients.
Pediatric Nephrology at JDCH: Why Choose Us?
Our pediatric nephrology team provides outstanding kidney care that is tailored to every child and family with multiple locations in Broward and Palm Beach.
- Full-service kidney care: Our team includes board-certified physicians and pediatric nurse practitioners who have received special training in pediatric kidney care, including dialysis and transplantation.We offer the area's only pediatric dialysis on-site with pediatric kidney transplantation.
- Top-notch specialists: Our doctors have years of experience in pediatric kidney disorders, pediatric dialysis, pediatric kidney transplant, hypertension, and bone disease. They are committed to providing the highest-quality care to every child. We coordinate treatment plans that include your child’s pediatrician, as well as pediatric endocrinologists, pediatric urologists, medical geneticists, and other specialists.
- Family-centered approach: We realize the vital role that family plays in a child's health and well-being. Every member of our team strongly believes that involving families and giving them a voice best serves the needs of children.
- Pediatric support services: Pediatric social workers and child life specialists use play, trained therapy dogs, and music to help minimize the psychological impact of a serious medical condition, painful procedures, and hospital stay. A teacher from Broward County Public Schools is available to help children work through extended school absences.
- Child-friendly environment: Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital is designed with the needs of children in mind. Our interactive play area has toys and other activities to help entertain young patients.
To schedule an appointment or learn more about our outstanding pediatric kidney care team, call 954-265-9344.
- Kidney Transplant
- Post-surgical transplant follow-up
- Percutaneous renal biopsy
- Continuous Veno-Venous Hemofiltration (CVVH)
- Continuous Veno-Venous Hemofiltration with Dialysis (CVVHD)
- Coordinated treatment plans
- Monitoring and evaluation of health, growth and development
- Referrals to community resources