Margaret Grell, MD
Team Leader, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Cleft and Craniofacial Program
Dr. Margaret Grell is a board-certified pediatrician. She is currently Team Leader of the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Cleft and Craniofacial Program, and is also involved with the Children’s Mobile Health Center and Safety Net programs. She earned her medical degree from the University of the West Indies, Kingston, Jamaica, and completed her residency at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami.
Prior to joining Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, Dr. Grell was in private practice in Homestead, Florida. She has served as a pediatric emergency physician in Homestead and Hollywood, Florida. Dr. Grell has worked in Palatka, Florida as a pediatrician in the Community Health Center and the Putnam County Hospital. Her career has also taken her to the Bahamas, where she served as a Senior Medical House Officer in Pediatrics at the Princess Margaret Hospital, Nassau.
University Of The West Indies, 1986
Jackson Memorial Hospital - Human Resources, 1994, Pediatrics
American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatrics
Awards, Achievements, and More
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member of the Florida Cleft Palate Association
- Member of the American Cleft Palate Association
- Florida Atlantic University- Affiliate Assistant Professor
- Nova South-Eastern University-Clinical Assistant Professor
- Teaching Award, Teaching Junior Medical Students, Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1994
- Chemistry Prize, Most Outstanding Student, University of the West Indies, 1979