David Rube, MD
Medical Director, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Program, Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital
I am the medical director of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital, and an associate professor of Psychiatry at the University of Miami, Florida International University, Nova Southeastern University and Florida Atlantic University.
I work with young people who have depression, anxiety, eating disorders, and the behavioral health issues of children and adolescents with complex medical issues. I provide comprehensive assessments for my patients and their families. I try to coordinate care with schools and other pediatric specialties as needed. My treatment approach is eclectic and evidenced-based, and used together with psychopharmacology.
I relocated to Florida with my family in 2014 and took a position at Miami VA Healthcare System's Broward Health Clinic in Sunrise. I have also worked in private practice in child and adolescent psychiatry in North Miami Beach and Boca Raton.
Before moving to Florida, I served as clinical director of the New York City Children's Center/Queens Campus and Queens Children's Psychiatric Center, an inpatient/outpatient treatment facility of the New York State Office of Mental Health. I also simultaneously held academic appointments at Columbia University and Hofstra University.
In May 2016, I was honored to be inducted as a Fellow in the American Psychiatric Association.Related Medical Services
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1987
- Nyu Downtown Hospital, 1988, Internal Medicine
- University Of California, San Diego, 1991, Psychiatry
- Columbia Univ College Of Physicians & Surgeons, 1993, Psychiatry
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology-Psychiatry
Chapters and Books
- Klykylo WM, Kay JL, Rube DM, Eds. Clinical Child Psychiatry, WB Sanders, Philadelphia, 1998.
- Rube, DM: Psychiatric Assessment in Medically Ill Children, Including Children with HIV. In Clinical Child Psychiatry. Klykylo WM, Kay JL, Rube DM, Eds. WB Sanders, Philadelphia, 1998.
- Rube, DM: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. In Clinical Child Psychiatry. Klykylo WM, Kay JL, Rube DM, Eds. WB Sanders, Philadelphia, 1998.
- Rube, DM: Judaism. In Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Clinics of North America. Josephson A, and Dell M, Eds. WB Sanders, Philadelphia, 2004.
- Duffee J, Klykylo W, Rube DM. Psychiatric Assessment in Medically Ill Children. In Klykylo W and Kay J, Eds. Clinical Child Psychiatry, Third Edition. London, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 2012.
- Rube DM, Kaur T. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. In Klykylo W and Kay J, Eds. Clinical Child Psychiatry, Third Edition. London, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 2012.
- Ismael Perez Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 2014-2015
- Excellence in Teaching Certificate, Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, 2014-2015
- Golden Apple Award for Teacher of the Year, Wright State University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, 1996-1997
- Nancy CA Roeske Award for Excellence in Medical Student Education, American Psychiatric Association, 1998
- Chairman’s Recognition Award, Wright State University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, 2000
- American College of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law
- Academy for Eating Disorders
- American College of Physician Executives