Alexandru Constantinescu, MD
Medical Director, Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital
As a board-certified pediatric nephrologist, I treat a wide range of kidney diseases, including proteinuria, hematuria, nephrotic syndrome, kidney stones, renal insufficiency, inflammatory diseases affecting the kidneys, and hypertension. Anything that goes wrong with the kidneys can present in a myriad of ways, from minor symptoms like swelling (known as edema), to very significant symptoms of renal insufficiency.
At the present time, our team of pediatric nephrologists and researchers at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is participating in clinical trials to understand how to best treat children with kidney diseases. In addition, fundraising is underway with our dialysis team to help our less fortunate patients.
Every day my patients help me become a better listener, with more patience. They keep me younger and inspire me to look for new ways to create happy moments during the stressful doctor’s visit. I like to see kids bounce back from their illness quickly. The recognition I get from my patients is one of my greatest accomplishments.
I like nature, and enjoy reading, painting and travels.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Constantinescu
- Medical Institute/Romania, 1985
- Flushing Hospital Medical Center, 1990, Pediatrics
- Westchester County Medical Center, 1992, Pediatrics
- Montefiore Medical Center, 1995, Nephrology
American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatrics
- Young Investigator’s Award, National Kidney Foundation of New York/New Jersey, 1998
- “Best Doctors in America”
- “Top Pediatricians”
- “Who’s Who in Healthcare”
- International Pediatric Nephrology Association
- American Society of Nephrology
- Florida Society of Nephrology
- American Society of Pediatric Nephrology
- Membership Committee, American Society of Pediatric Nephrology
- American Society of Hypertension
- AHA Council for High Blood Pressure Research
- Kidney and Urology Foundation of America
- New Jersey Society of Nephrology, 1997-2002
- Eastern Society of Pediatric Research, 1995-2002