5 Ways to Build Immune System
April 20, 2020
Here are five ways to boost children's immune system:
1. Have them eat a variety of fruit
Most fruits are naturally low in fat, sodium and calories
2. Serve fresh, frozen or canned vegetables
Calcium is found in some green vegetables, such as kale and broccoli
3. Include lots of whole grains in their diet
Whole grains lead to a healthier gut, which in turn benefits their immune system
4. Get your family active for 1-hour a day
The suggested amount of daily activity for 5- to 17-year-olds is at least 60 minutes. Try home workouts or going on walks during non-peak hours while keeping physical distance.
5. Promote naps during the day and let them get plenty of sleep at night
Sleep deprivation can lead to a more vulnerable immune system.