Pediatric Laser Therapy
If your child copes with chronic skin infections in the underarm, groin or buttocks, turn to Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. Your child may find relief with pediatric laser therapy. We offer this noninvasive procedure on an outpatient basis.
Why Choose Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital for Pediatric Laser Therapy?
Children’s laser therapy is a safe, effective treatment for hidradenitis suppurativa, a condition that causes small, painful lumps under the skin. Laser therapy can also help treat pilonidal disease, a chronic skin infection in the crease of the buttocks near the tailbone. Here, you’ll find:
- Advanced technology: Our doctors focus the laser into a narrow beam, which helps us target specific body structures without damaging nearby tissue. We can treat the area more precisely than with traditional surgical tools.
- Smoother recovery: The laser’s heat helps to lessen the risk of infection and seal blood vessels, which reduces bleeding. That generally translates to a faster, smoother recovery than with traditional surgery so your child can go home the same day.
- A supportive environment: Dealing with hidradenitis suppurativa can cause your child to feel embarrassed and uncomfortable. We treat children with sensitivity and focus on maximizing relief.
How Does Pediatric Laser Therapy Work?
Hidradenitis is highly treatable with laser therapy. Here’s how the procedure works:
- The laser targets hair follicles. The beams of light precisely target, heat, and destroy hair follicles in the skin to remove hair and control the infection.
- Your child returns home. This outpatient procedure usually takes less than an hour. Laser therapy typically provides permanent results, but often requires multiple sessions.
To schedule an appointment at any location, call 954-265-0072.