Outpatient Rehabilitation Services – Your Care Team
At Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, our pediatric rehabilitation specialists are by your side throughout every stage of your child’s rehabilitation care. Our outpatient rehabilitation services are available at locations throughout South Florida, so we can work with your child at a convenient time and place for your family.
We are the only pediatric rehabilitation program in South Florida with fellowship-trained, board-certified pediatric physiatrists. Our therapists develop personalized treatment plans that use the latest treatments, techniques and equipment to improve your child’s function and mobility.
A Team of Experts Dedicated to Your Child
Our rehabilitation care team includes:
- Physiatrists. Doctors who specialize in physical and neurological conditions affecting how the brain, spinal cord, muscles and nerves function.
- Physical therapists. Help children improve mobility and function without surgery or other invasive procedures.
- Occupational therapists. Teach children skills and exercises to increase their ability to perform day-to-day tasks and encourage independence.
- Speech-language therapists. Help children improve their ability to understand and use language, swallow correctly and speak clearly.
- Exercise physiologists. Create customized exercise and fitness plans to increase function, mobility and overall health.
Find an outpatient rehabilitation location close to you.