Outpatient Rehabilitation Services – What to Expect
Outpatient rehabilitation services start with a referral from your child’s physician. From there, our Patient Financial Services Representative outlines any insurance or financial issues. Based on your child's unique needs, we will then register your child as a patient and schedule their first appointment with the appropriate specialist. A personalized packet of information will provide details about our services and forms that help evaluate your child’s health challenges.
Our team of pediatric outpatient rehabilitation specialists works with you to carefully evaluate your child’s health history, condition and abilities. Then we craft a personalized care plan designed to improve your child’s function, increase mobility and promote independence. We involve the entire family throughout the process to give everyone in the household a better understanding of the care involved.
When your child comes in for an appointment, you can expect:
- A kid-friendly approach that keeps care fun and engaging with age-appropriate techniques
- A warm, friendly atmosphere in every facility that promotes healing and growth in convenient locations close to home
- Access to a wide range of services such as feeding and voice programs, injury and risk screening, and autism care that provides additional aid for different health needs
- Assistance managing your child’s care needs, scheduling and treatment requirements
- Care that includes physical, occupational and speech-language therapy, sports medicine and feeding treatment depending on your child’s unique needs
- Education and support to empower the caregivers and family members in your child's life
- Patient- and family-centered care that provides comprehensive evaluation, accurate diagnosis, and safe and effective treatment options
- Private rooms for evaluation and treatment