Inpatient Rehabilitation Services – What to Expect
We know a hospital room is the last place your child wants to be. Therefore, our team of rehabilitation specialists is dedicated to getting your child back home as safely and quickly as possible.
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital was the first hospital in Broward and Palm Beach Counties to offer inpatient rehabilitation services for children and adolescents. Unlike other facilities with sporadic, infrequent treatment schedules, our inpatient rehabilitation experts provide focused physical, occupational or speech therapy for at least three hours, five days per week. Our accelerated level of care helps speed your child’s progress and typically shortens their hospital stay.
You can expect:
- A cozy, warm environment with rooms large enough for family members to spend the night
- Art therapy, yoga sessions, humor therapy and other special programs that promote healing in fun, innovative ways
- Frequent interactions with members of your child’s care team who can update you on progress
- In-person learning from a Broward County school teacher who works with your child’s school to continue their education with minimal interruptions during their hospital stay
- Specialized, state-of-the-art rehabilitation equipment designed and sized for pediatric patients
Could your child benefit from our inpatient rehabilitation care? Call us at 954-265-4000 to schedule a consultation.