The Division of Pediatric Dermatology at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital offers comprehensive and compassionate dermatological care for pediatric patients ranging in age from infants to young adults.
We offer the complete spectrum of dermatological care for children, including diagnosis, treatment and management of a variety of skin, hair and nail conditions.
As the only hospital-based dermatology practice devoted to pediatric skin care in Broward County, we provide easy, convenient access to a variety of pediatric specialty services and use a patient- and family-centered care approach when delivering care.
Our pediatric skin specialist has extensive experience performing a variety of advanced dermatology procedures, including the use of lasers to treat vascular lesions, birthmarks and other skin conditions. We also see patients from referring physicians for a variety of pediatric dermatological concerns.
Skin Conditions We Treat
- Atopic dermatitis
- Birthmarks (including vascular birthmarks)
- Hair loss in children (alopecia areata, tinea capitis, and trichotillomania)
- Inherited skin disorders
- Malformations (capillary, lymphatic and venous)
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Nail problems
- Port wine stains
- Skin checks (for worrisome moles, biopsies for possible skin cancer/melanoma)
- Skin infections (cellulits, candida infection of the skin)
- Sun damage (care for childhood sunburns)
- Vascular lesions (hemangiomas)