Julia Holtmann, MD
Medical Director, Pediatric Neurology, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, Palm Beach
I am a pediatric neurologist and the medical director of pediatric neurology in Palm Beach for Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. I care for children and adolescents with a variety of neurological and neurobehavioral disorders, including conditions such as epilepsy, movement disorders, cerebral palsy, headache disorders, concussion, autistic-spectrum disorders and developmental delays.
I am also a trained Comprehensive Behavioral Intervention for Tics (CBIT) provider, offering an effective non-pharmacological treatment for tic disorders.
I was drawn to a career in pediatric neurology by my fascination with the brain. It is a beautiful and complex organ that continues to intrigue me. I love being able to combine this interest with the joy of working with children and helping families.
I also enjoy problem solving — working to figure out simple and complex situations. I approach each new patient with curiosity and try to gain a full understanding of what is going on. I enjoy listening to my patient’s stories and understand how the presenting symptoms are affecting them in their daily activities.
It gives me great satisfaction to be able to empower my patients and their families with an understanding of their condition or symptom, and to work together to make their lives better.
Before joining Memorial, I was a pediatric neurologist at Bassett Healthcare in Cooperstown, New York, and at the Center for Neurological and Neurodevelopmental Health in New Jersey. Throughout my career, I have been involved in teaching medical students, residents and nurse practitioner students.
In addition to working with patients, I am a manuscript reviewer for the Journal of Pediatric Neurology and serve on the Child Neurology Society International Affairs Committee.
- Universitaet Leipzig, 2004
- Saint barnabas Hospital, 2007, Pediatrics
- Cohen Children's Medical Center, 2011, Pediatric Neurology
- Saint barnabas Hospital, 2008, Pediatrics
- Child Neurology Society
- “The Pharmacological Treatment of ADHD” – Lecture to pediatric clinicians, Bassett Healthcare
- Grand Rounds, “Pediatric Headache Disorders” – Department of Pediatrics, Bassett Healthcare
- “Neuropsychopharmacology in Autism Spectrum Disorders” – Luncheon seminar at The Alpine Learning Group (CNNH)
- “Resolving the Myths of Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections” – Webinar, CNNH
- Grand Rounds, “Pediatric Sleep Disorders – Narcolepsy” – Department of Pediatrics, The Brooklyn Hospital Center
- Grand Rounds, “NMDAR-Antibody Encephalitis” – Department of Pediatrics, The Brooklyn Hospital Center