Bibhuti Das, MD
I am a pediatric cardiologist at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital with expertise in heart failure, heart transplantation, pulmonary hypertension and exercise stress testing in children. I came to JDCH in 2017 to participate as a physician in the hospital’s busy heart failure and cardiomyopathy, transplant and mechanical circulatory support programs, as well as and conduct research on the outcomes of heart disease in children.
Prior to joining Memorial Healthcare System, I worked at Children’s Medical Center, UTSW Medical Center in Dallas, Texas, where I was an associate professor of pediatrics, director of Exercise Stress Testing and medical director of the Heart Failure and Heart Transplant Programs. Prior to that, I was the medical director of Pediatric Heart Failure and Heart Transplantation and director of Exercise Testing at the University of Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky from 2004 to 2011. I completed my Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship at Children’s Hospital of Colorado (formerly, the Children’s Hospital Denver) in Denver, Colorado.
I have many years of experience working with children and their families while treating the children for a variety of heart conditions. In addition to providing patient care, I am also involved in several ongoing clinical research studies.
I have also written extensively about pediatric heart failure, exercise stress testing and pulmonary hypertension in children. I have made dozens of presentations at meetings at national and international conferences.
In addition, I am an active member of the International Society for Heart & Lung Transplantation, the American Heart Association, the Pulmonary Hypertension Association and the Pulmonary Vascular Research Institute. I have served as a member of the Pediatric Heart Transplant Study Group and on the United Network for Organ Sharing’s Region 4 Review Board.
- Pending Education, 1990
- New York Methodist Hospital, 1999, Internal Medicine
- Pending Education, 1991
- All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, 1993
- All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, 1998, Hematology
- Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Center, 2001, Pediatrics
- Sms Medical College, 1996, Pediatrics
- Advocate Christ Medical Center, 2002, Pediatric Cardiology
- The Children's Hospital, 2004, Pediatric Cardiology
- American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatric Cardiology
- American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatrics
I am involved in several ongoing clinical research studies. My research focuses on inflammatory cardiomyopathies, dilated cardiomyopathy and heart failure, investigating the use of mechanical circulatory support in children with single ventricle physiology, and studying the impact of HLA antibodies to better understand immunology of heart transplantation in children and improve outcomes.
Current projects I am exploring:
- Human herpes virus 6 induced inflammatory cardiomyopathy in children
- The impact of flow PRA in pediatric heart recipients: an analysis of the pediatric heart transplant study database
- Study of the role of HHV-6 in dilated cardiomyopathy and post-heart transplant outcomes
- Use of mechanical support in children with congenital heart disease with single ventricle physiology
- Chromosomally integrated human herpes virus 6B and transplacental transmission of activated human herpesvirus 6B
- Role of ventricular assist device for myocardial recovery in children with heart failure
- Exercise stress testing in children with congenital heart diseases
- Novel breathing exercise in children with pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary vascular changes in children with pulmonary hypertension due to left sided heart diseases
- Pulmonary vascular changes in children after Fontan surgery