Lance Cohen, MD
Medical Director, Adult Cystic Fibrosis Program, Memorial Healthcare System
Medical Director, Cardiovascular ICU, Memorial Regional Hospital
Medical Director, Adult ECMO program, Memorial Healthcare System
Dr. Lance Cohen is a board-certified specialist in critical care medicine, pulmonary disease, adult and pediatric sleep medicine and internal medicine. He earned his medical degree from the University of Witwatersrand, South Africa, completed his internship and residency at Saint Mary’s Health Centre, St Louis, MO, and completed his fellowship at Washington University / Barnes Jewish, in St. Louis.Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Cohen
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital, 2003, Critical Care Medicine
- St Mary's Health Center, 2000, Critical Care Medicine
- Univ Of The Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, 1996, Critical Care Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine-Pulmonary Disease
- Lance Cohen, Xueping E, Jaime Tarsi, Thiruvamoor Ramkumar, Todd K Horiuchi, Rebecca Cochran, Steve DeMartino, Kenneth B Schechtman, Iftikhar Hussain, Michael J Holtzman, and Mario Castro
- Epithelial Cell Proliferation Contributes to Airway Remodeling in Severe Asthma. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2007; published ahead of print on April 26, 2007 as doi:10.1164/rccm.200607 1062OC.
- Cohen L, Castro M. The Role of Viral Respiratory Infections in the Pathogenesis and Exacerbation of Asthma. Seminars in Respiratory Infections, Vol 18 No 1 (march), 2003: pp 3-8.
- Glazer CS, Cohen L, Schwarz MI. Acute Eosinophilic Pneumonia In AIDS. Chest 2001, 120: 1732- 1735.
- Cohen L, Lefrak SS. Strongyloides Hyperinfection Syndrome Secondary To Treatment Of Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonia. Chest 2001, 120 (4): 346S-347S.
- ‘Fire Starter’ award for physician leadership – Memorial Healthcare System (3/2009 – present)
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award. NIH award # HLO7317-24, Total Support for period 1/1/02-12/31/02, $45,360.
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association