Ivy Boydstun, MD
Dr. Ivy I. Boydstun graduated from the University of Texas Medical School. She completed a residency in pediatrics at Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital, as well as a fellowship in pediatric nephrology at Yale University School of Medicine, before becoming an assistant professor of pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine, practicing nephrology at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston. Her research was funded by the National Institutes of Health, and she has twice received the American Lung Association of Texas Research Award.
Prior to her post at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, Dr. Boydstun was an associate professor of clinical pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension at Stony Brook University Medical Center in New York. At Stony Brook, she directed the Pediatric Nephrology Training Program and participated in two multi-center studies conducted by the National Institutes of Health.
Dr. Boydstun is board-certified pediatric nephrology, and she has published numerous abstracts, book chapters and articles over the years. Her clinical interests include kidney diseases of newborns, infants and children, with special interest in nephrotic syndrome, and renal involvement in systemic diseases including lupus, HIV infection, and diabetes. She is also a member for the Memorial Healthcare System Institutional Review Board.
- University Of Texas Health Science, 1987
- Brown University School Of Medicine, 1990, Pediatrics
- Yale University School of Medicine, 1994, Pediatric Nephrology
- Educational Service Award, Stony Brook Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine, 2005
- American Society of Pediatric Nephrology Fellow’s Basic Research Award, 1993
- Texas A&M Women’s Honor Society, 1981-1983
- President’s Endowed Scholar, Texas A&M University, 1980-1983
- National Merit Scholar, 1980-1983
- American Society of Nephrology
- American Society of Pediatric Nephrology
- International Pediatric Nephrology Association
- Florida Society of Nephrology