Special Event Request
Thank you for your interest in leading a special event for our patients and families at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. We value your generous intent to partner with us and promote the “power of play” to create a healing environment.
Special visitors who wish to engage with our patients are screened and scheduled by the Child Life Department to ensure that events are safe, appropriate, and respectful of patients’ rights.
Applications should be submitted at least three (3) weeks prior to your desired visit date.
Our goal at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is to provide the best experience for children in the hospital. We strive to balance our patients’ needs (including their medical conditions, safety, privacy, and interest levels) with the amount and types of visits that we schedule. The Child Life Department considers activities that are:
- Highly entertaining, educational, and/or therapeutic
- Distinctive (we can only accommodate so many similar acts)
- Appropriate for children
- Engaging for many ages (toddler to 18 years)
- Physically and emotionally safe
- Appropriate for the medical conditions of the children
- Religiously, politically, and socially neutral
- Appropriate for the space available
Please download and read our guidelines before completing and submitting the form below.
Thank you for your interest in supporting our patients and families at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital.