Pre-Procedure Testing During COVID-19
For Patients Having Procedures Under Anesthesia or Sedation
For your safety we are requiring all patients having a procedure under anesthesia or sedation to have a COVID-19 test 48-72 hours prior to your visit to a Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital facility.
Testing is not offered for procedures at other hospitals.
You will be called with the test result prior to your child’s scheduled procedural appointment.
If you have any questions, please call:
- 954-265-0220: Weekdays before 5 pm
- 954-265-5324: Weekdays and weekends after 5 pm
Your physician will order this test, which will involve a nasal swab for your child. Upon arrival, please let our team know you are there for a “pre-procedure COVID-19 test” for your child. There will not be a separate bill for this service – it is part of the procedure.
Four convenient COVID-19 pre-procedure testing locations:
- JDCH Main Hospital Outpatient Lab: Monday - Friday from 7 am – 5:30. Saturday from 7 am – 12 noon. You can valet park and come in for a "swab and go" test.
- JDCH Emergency Department Testing Area 24/7: The main JDCH ED has set up an area specifically for COVID-19 pre-procedure testing. You can valet park and come in for a "swab and go" test.
- Memorial Hospital West Graduate Medical Education (GME) Building Testing Area: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7 am - 3 pm. You will drive up to the GME Building, register, wait in the parking lot and be called on your cell phone to come in for pre-procedure "swab and go" testing.
- JDCH Wellington: Monday and Wednesday from 7 am – 11 am. Saturday from 8 am – 11 am. Wellington offers "swab and go" testing.
If you are coming from out of the area and prefer to get testing closer to home, this is permissible.
- Tests cannot be done more than 72 hours in advance.
- We will call you the day prior to the procedure to verify a negative result.
- Please bring results to us in writing on the day of your visit.
Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation!