Memorial Unveils Plans to Re-Open Hospitals for Elective Surgeries and Outpatient Care
The safety and health of the South Florida community is Memorial Healthcare System’s number one priority
As Florida begins the process of reopening as outlined by Governor Ron DeSantis, Memorial Healthcare System’s medical leaders will provide information about re-opening readiness.
Today's press conference (streamed live on our Facebook page) will provide an update on comprehensive testing capabilities throughout Memorial, and they will inform the public about the safeguard measures taken for patient care at all Memorial facilities. In addition, medical experts will share information regarding emergency and urgent care access during this COVID-19 era with emphasis on stroke and heart attack care.
Datasource: Set Video Source here
Remarks will be provided by:
- Dr. Stanley Marks, Chief Medical Officer, Memorial Healthcare System
- Dr. Randy Katz, Medical Director of Emergency Services, Memorial Regional Hospital and Medical Director for the City of Hollywood Fire Rescue
- Dr. Brijesh Mehta, Medical Director of Neurocritical Services
- Dr. Brett Cohen, Chief, Adult General Surgery
- Dr. Paula Eckardt, Chief of Infectious Disease, Memorial Healthcare System (Dr. Eckardt will provide remarks in Spanish)
Post press conference, media in attendance will have the opportunity to tour the Memorial Regional Hospital Conference Center, which has been set up as a comprehensive preoperative and pre-procedural testing center.
Each hospital within the healthcare system has created a similar center, which is on site but outside of main hospital. Memorial Healthcare System hospitals include Memorial Regional Hospital, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, Memorial Hospital West, Memorial Hospital Miramar, Memorial Regional South, Memorial Hospital Pembroke.
Monday, May 4, 2020 at 2 pm
Memorial Regional Hospital Conference Center
(1st floor of new parking garage, located outside of the hospital)
3501 Johnson Street
Hollywood, FL 33021
EDITOR’S NOTE: Media on-site will be screened before entering the Conference Center. Please allow time for this process.
(Media parking available in front of the center)