Joe DiMaggio Children's Health Specialty Center – Wellington
Wellington, FL 33449
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 5 pm
6:30 pm (Rehabilitation's last appointment)
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital physicians are providing in-person, telehealth and telephone visits. We're taking necessary precautions to keep you and your family safe while visiting our facilities.
Open to Serve You
Joe DiMaggio Children's Health Specialty Center in Wellington is monitoring the development of COVID-19 and taking precautions for the safety and well-being of our community.
To schedule an appointment, please call 561-341-7000 and select the appropriate department.
At this time, only one parent is allowed to accompany a child to an appointment. Families will be asked health screening questions and have temperatures checked upon arrival for your safety.
Pre-Procedure Testing Required for Anesthesia or Sedation
For children having procedures under anesthesia or sedation, we will conduct or require pre-procedural/surgical COVID-19 test 48-72 hours prior to your visit. Your physician will order this test and it can be completed in the following manner:
This will involve a nasal swab for your child. Upon arrival, please let our team know you are there for a “pre-procedure COVID-19 test” for your child. There will not be a separate bill for this service – it is part of the procedure.
Four convenient COVID-19 testing locations are available:
- JDCH Wellington: Wellington hours for pre-procedure "swab and go" testing are Monday - Friday 7am - 11am. Saturday 8 am – 11 am.
- JDCH Main Hospital Outpatient Lab: Monday - Friday 7 am - 5:30 pm weekdays. You can valet park and come in for a "swab and go" test.
- JDCH Emergency Department Testing Area – 24/7: The main JDCH ED has set up an area specifically for COVID-19 pre-procedure testing. You can valet park and come in for a "swab and go" test.
- Memorial Hospital West Graduate Medical Education (GME) Building Testing Area: 7 am – 3 pm, 7 days/week. You will drive up to the GME Building, register, wait in the parking lot and be called on your cell phone to come in for pre-procedure "swab and go" testing.
If you are coming from out of area and prefer to get testing closer to home, this is permissible. Tests cannot be done more than 72 hours in advance. JDCH will call you the day prior to the procedure to verify a negative result. Please bring results to us in writing on the day of your visit.
You will be called with the test result prior to your child’s scheduled procedural appointment. We are here to help. Call us with any questions at 954-265-0220.
Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation!
Accepting new patients and referrals
Opened in February 2019, the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Health Specialty Center at Wellington is our newest outpatient location. Staffed with highly-trained pediatric specialists and support personnel, our brand new facility is designed to provide uncompromising outpatient care to the Wellington community in a compassionate and child-friendly setting.
Outpatient Pediatric Specialties
Datasource: Legacy coming to Wellington
- Audiology: Diagnoses and treats hearing loss and other auditory conditions in babies, children and teens.
- Cardiology: Diagnoses and treats heart and vascular conditions and diseases in babies, children and teens.
- Craniofacial: Treats conditions related to the face and skull that may be congenital or the result of disease or trauma.
- Endocrinology: Treats conditions related to your child’s growth and development, including: juvenile diabetes, height and weight issues and hormonal imbalance.
- General Surgery: Treats conditions related to your child’s post-surgical procedure, including: cancer, chest wall deformity, and newborn complications.
- Immunology: Treats conditions related to your child's immune system with a comprehensive range of services.
- Neurology: Treats conditions related to your child’s brain, spinal cord, and nerves, including: epilepsy, brain and spinal tumors, brain and spinal injuries, stroke and multiple sclerosis.
- Neurosurgery: Offers a comprehensive scope of neurosurgical subspecialties for children with injuries or diseases of the brain or spinal cord.
- Orthopaedics: Treats conditions related to your child’s muscular and skeletal systems, including: birth defects, scoliosis, club foot, hip disorders and limb deformities.
- Concussion Clinic: Treats mild traumatic brain injuries in infants, young children and teens.
- Dance Medicine: Cares for pediatric, adolescent and young adult dancers and performing artists.
- [U18] Sports Medicine Rehabilitation: Meets the unique needs of the pediatric and adolescent population for sports injuries and prevention.
- Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery/ENT: Treats conditions related to your child’s ear, nose and throat, including: ear infections, hearing loss and voice disorders.
- Pulmonology: Treats conditions related to your child’s lungs and sleep disorders, including: asthma, bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, breathing disorders and sleep apnea.
- Imaging (MRI and Ultrasound): Pediatric magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) tests can produce detailed pictures of the inside of your child’s body to help diagnose and treat a variety of conditions related to the brain, chest, abdomen, pelvis, legs and arms.
- Nutritional Services: Evaluates dietary and nutritional needs for babies and children.
- Outpatient Surgery Center: Offers same-day, pediatric outpatient surgeries (i.e., anesthesia, ENT, orthopedics, plastics/reconstruction, and urology) in a patient- and family-centered environment.
- Rehabilitation Services: Treats conditions related to your child’s physical disabilities, including brain injuries, cerebral palsy, and developmental and congenital disorders. Services include physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and feeding therapy.
Datasource: Set Video Source here
Datasource: Set Video Source here