Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital understands the challenges parents of children with complex medical conditions face. We are here to help you find the resources your child needs.
When it comes to comprehensive healthcare services for your child, the team at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital’s Center for Complex Care is here for you. We work closely with your child’s healthcare team, taking into consideration your child’s specific medical needs, care goals, and family and community support systems.
What is Complex Care?
The Center for Complex Care provides healthcare for children and adolescents who have multiple complex healthcare needs. This includes children followed by multiple specialists, children diagnosed with rare diseases and children dependent on technological devices, like home ventilators or feeding tubes.
We also see families who are seeking a second opinion for challenging diagnosis.
If your child has experienced a recent prolonged hospital stay, and requires advanced care, contact us. We are here to help
Why Choose Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital for Center for Complex Care?
We are committed to helping you access resources for your child’s healthcare needs and providing a seamless experience, including:
- Coordination of care for children with complex medical conditions.
- Transition of care visits for medically complex children, including when children experience the following changes in care environments:
- Hospital to home
- Skilled nursing facility to home
- Geographic relocation
- Shift from one care provider to another
- Office visits for children with complex chronic medical conditions.
- Expert medical consultation and diagnostic services for children with rare diseases.
- Expert medical consultation for complex medical decision-making for providers and/or caregivers of children with complex conditions.
- Needs assessments for home and community-based medical services.
- Medical diagnostic and treatment services for children with multiple healthcare needs.
- Short and long-term medical planning for medically complex children.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, please call 954-265-4494.