Michael Dressing, MD
I am a pediatric sports medicine specialist at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital. I care for children and adolescents with sports medicine injuries and needs. This includes pediatric orthopedics, fracture care and overuse injuries and concussion management.
I chose a career in medicine because I always enjoyed science and helping people. Becoming a physician seemed like a great way to combine these two interests.
It is very rewarding to help those who are injured return to what they love doing. As a former athlete, I use my personal experience and knowledge about different sports to connect with athletes on a deeper level to truly understand what they are going through.
Children and young adults are a fun population to work with. I enjoy listening to each patient's story and figuring out a diagnosis and treatment plan to help them return to the sports and activities they enjoy.
I also care for athletes on various sports teams and at sporting events. I have cared for players on the Orlando City B Soccer Club, Orlando Apollos, Orlando SeaWolves, Orlando City Soccer Club, and Orlando Pride, among others. Currently, I'm working with local high school football teams, the Washington Nationals, and the USA Olympic Beach Soccer Team.
I have also participated on several global health missions in Panama, Peru, Jamaica, Louisiana and Honduras.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Dressing
- Wright State University School Of Medicine, 2015
- University Of South Florida, 2016, Pediatrics
- University Of South Florida, 2018, Pediatrics
- Orlando Regional Healthcare System, 2019, Pediatric Sports Medicine
American Board of Pediatrics-Sports Medicine
- University of South Florida Department of Pediatrics Academic Excellence Award Tampa, FL, 2018
- Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics Annual Conference Orlando, FL Best Research Abstract Overall Best Poster, 2017
- University of South Florida Department of Pediatrics Resident Forum on Tampa, FL Quality Improvement and Research Best Research Poster Presentation, 2017
- Wright State Global Health Initiative Travel Scholarship Cusco, Peru 2014 Wright State Department of Pediatrics Travel Grant Bethesda, MD, 2015
- Wright State University Global Citizen Award Nominee Dayton, OH, 2014
- Wright State Global Health Initiative Doctors for Global Health General Assembly Dayton, OH, 2013
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Medical Association
I enjoy performing research to examine sports injury trends and discover new ways to help athletes heal.
Currently I'm involved in a research project looking at injury rates in professional women soccer players in the National Women's Soccer League. I have also been actively involved in research for several years focused on concussions.
- 2018-present: Dressing M, Ramiz M, Youmans DH, Osbahr D. The incidence of injury for professional female soccer players in the United States: a 6-year retrospective study of the National Women's Soccer League. (Orlando, FL)
- 2018-present Dressing M, Centurion A, Youmans DH, Osbahr D. Acute Hip Pain in a Soccer Player.
- 2016-18: Dressing M, Katzenstein J, Wise J, Mularoni P. Development of a Scale to Measure Academic Related Anxiety Following Concussion.
- 2018: Dressing M. The Pediatric Musculoskeletal System. USF Physician Assistant Program, The University of South Florida
- 2018: Dressing M. Osteomyelitis. Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- 2017: Dressing M. Wipeout on the Ice, a Concussion Discussion. Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- 2016: Dressing M. Knee Pathology. Tampa General Hospital
- 2016: Dressing M. An interesting presentation of DKA. Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital