Datasource: Set Video Source here
Since 1992, thousands of children and their families have had their lives positively impacted by Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital. Thanks to our experienced and world-class team, countless children have received expert medical care in a compassionate child-friendly environment. Over the years, many appreciative families have asked if there was a way for them to give back to the hospital, as a way of showing their gratitude. The answer is yes.
Whether you're making a financial contribution or donating your time as a volunteer, we are incredibly grateful for your commitment and support of our hospital. It is through the generosity of people like you that give us the ability to continue to offer our patients and their families the outstanding level of healthcare, specialties, services and amenities that make our hospital unique.
Make a Donation
Please note: Due to infection control and patient safety policies, all items must be brand new.
Donation Drop-Off Procedures
- Donations can be dropped off at the main entrance of the freestanding Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital building. (A colorful statue sits near the building’s entrance in the center of the circular driveway, near the valet.)
- Please pull up to the valet and let them know that you have a donation for the Child Life Department, and they will notify security for you. You may come at your convenience to drop off your donation.
- A member from our Volunteer Department or Child Life Department will receive your donation from the security desk on the first floor when available. Due to patient confidentiality and infection control policies, we are unable to allow donors to directly deliver gifts to patient rooms.
- If you have any questions or would like to speak with our Child Life Department regarding your interest in donating, please call our Donation Line at 954-265-7149.
If you are looking for a rewarding way to help children while also showing your support and appreciation of Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital, we are looking for you. Being a volunteer at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is a great way to get involved.
Volunteers make a tremendous impact in the lives of our patients and their families. There are many volunteering opportunities available, including:
- Volunteering at the hospital
- Volunteering at fundraising events
- Joining the Patient and Family Advisory Council
Volunteer at the Hospital
Please complete the volunteer application (PDF). To schedule an interview, call Volunteer Services at 954-265-5940. Please bring a copy of your completed application to the interview. We believe in matching our volunteers and assignments, based on skills and interests. Interviews are conducted to ensure an appropriate placement.
Teenagers interested in volunteering should call 954-265-5940 to schedule an interview. There are several opportunities available that will help you gain life experiences in many areas.
- Greet visitors as they arrive and register
- Escort families around the hospital
- Provide office administrative support
- Help visitors and families in the Family Resource Centers and Family Rooms
- Assess the comfort needs of families on the many units
- Help patients with their academic work in our classroom
- Assist our Child Life Specialists in playrooms and teen rooms
- And do much more
Join the Patient and Family Advisory Council
As a Patient and Family Advisory Council member, you can help identify issues that are more important to patients and families than healthcare professionals may have realized. Learn more about this rewarding program or download an application (PDF).