About the Foundation
Established in 1994, Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Foundation provides philanthropic support to Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital and ensures the ongoing availability of safe, quality, cost-effective, patient- and family-centered care, regardless of one's ability to pay, with the goal of improving the health of the community it serves.
Datasource: Set Video Source here
Dedicated to supporting healthcare for the children served by Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital, the Foundation is the central agency through which charitable contributions are made. A volunteer Board of Directors, comprised of prominent business and community leaders and physicians, oversees all aspects of the Foundation's operations.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Foundation accepts gifts of cash, checks, securities, real estate (limited), tangible personal property (limited), charitable gift annuities, life insurance (limited), charitable remainder trusts and charitable lead trusts.
Foundation Staff and Leadership
Senior Vice President & Chief Development Officer
Manager, Special Events
|Karey Bosack Greenstein, Esq.|
Director of Planned Giving
Coordinator, Foundation Grants
Director of Sponsorship Development
Specialist, Accounts Payable
|Kim Carbo, Ed.D.
Director of Community Development
Coordinator, Database Systems
Director of Development
Clerk, Data Entry
Director of Annual Giving
Development Director of Cancer Institute
- Thomas R. Oliveri
- Mr. Oliveri has served on the Board since 2008. He graduated cum laude from the University of South Florida and received a certification from the Florida State University Executive Management Program. As the senior executive of The Northern Trust Company for Broward County, Mr. Oliveri is responsible for a team of professionals who serve high net worth clients and families with comprehensive wealth management services incorporating investment management, trust and banking solutions.
- Stuart Siegel
- Immediate Past Chairman
- Mr. Siegel has been on the Foundations’ Board since 2010 and was elected Chairman in 2016. A graduate of Wharton School of Business, he is a serial entrepreneur who has spent his career starting, acquiring, merging and selling a string of successful technology businesses. Mr. Siegel is a devoted philanthropist, who created the Stuart & Jill Siegel Charitable Foundation to support health, education, community and the arts.
- Andrew J. Greenfield, MD
- 1st Vice Chairman
- Dr. Greenfield has served on the Board since 2010. He obtained his medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine and performed his residency at the University of Miami. In 2006, he served as chief of Anesthesiology at Memorial Regional Hospital. Dr. Greenfield is currently president of Anesthesia Services at Envision Physician Services and oversees more than 4,500 anesthesia clinicians nationwide.
- R. Doug Gawrych, CPA
- 2nd Vice Chairman
- Mr. Gawrych has served on the Board since 2010 and is chair of the Foundation Audit Committee. He is a graduate of Miami University and a CPA. He is currently the managing partner at Grant Thornton for the Florida market territory. His experience is in audit and financial statement and international audit services.
- Susanne Cornfeld Hurowitz
- Mrs. Hurowitz has served on the Board since 2005. She is currently president of HB Capital Group, a privately-held, real estate investment and management company based in Miami, Florida. Prior to HB Capital, she was the president of SCH Consulting, which advised not-for-profit organizations on the development and implementation of strategic planning initiatives. Mrs. Hurowitz holds a Bachelor of Arts from Tufts University and an MBA from Columbia University.
- Nina Beauchesne
- At-Large Member
- Mrs. Beauchesne has served on the Board for more than two decades. She graduated from Emory University and received an MBA from the University of Florida. As Executive Vice President of Memorial Healthcare System, Mrs. Beauchesne is responsible for system-wide business development and recruitment of physicians, South Broward Community Health Services, and oversees Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, Memorial Regional Hospital South, Memorial Manor Nursing Home, and Memorial Home Health Agency.
- Elden LeGaux
- At-Large Member
- Mr. LeGaux joined the Board in 2018. He is a graduate of Mary Washington College and attended graduate studies at Virginia Commonwealth University. With years of experience in financial services, he founded and is chief operating officer of Legacy Wealth Advisors, where he currently develops strategic solutions for companies and individuals with significant wealth.
- Brett Rose
- At-Large Member
- Mr. Rose has served on the Board since 2015. He is an entrepreneur who founded and serves as the Chief Executive Officer and President of United National Consumer Supplies (UNCS). UNCS is a wholesale distributing company which specializes in manufacturer’s closeouts, excess inventories and overstocks. He graduated from Salem State University.
- Carl Schuster, Esq.
- At-Large Member
- Mr. Schuster's association with the Foundations began in 1995. He is an attorney and earned his Juris Doctorate from University of Miami School of Law. He is currently with the firm of Greenspoon Marder located in Fort Lauderdale. His focus is on general estate planning, preparation and administration of wills, trusts and estates and gift tax planning, including charitable gifts.
- Maureen Adams, CPA
- Mrs. Adams is the president and general manager of Calder Casino and Race Course. She was elected to the Board in 2014. She graduated from Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, received an MBA from Rutgers University and certification from Harvard Business School in Executive Education and International General Management.
- M. Richard Auerbach, MD
- Dr. Auerbach has served on the Board since 2017. He obtained his medical degree from The University of Health Sciences, The Chicago Medical School, and performed his pediatric and neonatal residency at Georgetown University Hospital. Dr. Auerbach was on the neonatal staff at Joe DiMaggio Children`s Hospital since 1986 and served as former chief of staff. He is currently president of Envision Women’s and Children’s Services.
- Nina Beauchesne, FACHE
- Mrs. Beauchesne has served on the Board for more than two decades. She graduated from Emory University and received an MBA from the University of Florida. As executive vice president of Memorial Healthcare System, she is responsible for system-wide business development and recruitment of physicians, South Broward Community Health services and oversees Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital and Memorial Regional Hospital South, Memorial Manor Nursing Home and Memorial Home Health Agency.
- Steven Becker
- Mr. Becker’s association with the Board began in 2007. He graduated from Syracuse University with a degree in Finance, received his Juris Doctorate degree from Boston University School of Law and his MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He serves as executive vice president, treasurer and compliance at Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits.
- Joe Berkovits, CPA
- Mr. Berkovits joined the Board in 2016. He is a certified public accountant who graduated from the University of Miami. He possesses more than 35 years of experience in public accounting. He is an audit partner with Eisner Amper, one of the largest accounting firms in the United States.
- Kenneth Bierman
- Mr. Bierman is currently the market leader at BNY Mellon Wealth Management in Fort Lauderdale. He graduated from Rutgers University and First Fund Raising Institute of the Jewish Agency in Jerusalem, Israel. Mr. Bierman first joined the Board in 2010.
- Gary Birken, MD
- Dr. Birken’s association with the Board encompasses more than two decades of service in multiple leadership positions. He obtained his medical degree from The Chicago Medical School and performed his residencies at Columbus Children’s Hospital and Ohio State University School of Medicine. He is board certified in surgery and pediatric surgery. Today he serves as chief of staff at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, surgeon in chief and chief of pediatric trauma.
- Anthony Bland
- Mr. Bland joined the Board in 2013. He graduated from the University of Connecticut, earned his MBA from the University of North Carolina and is a graduate of The Wharton School’s Securities Industry Institute. Mr. Bland is currently a Director with Merrill Lynch Global Wealth and Investment Management.
- Douglas J. Collier, LUTCF
- Mr. Collier has served on the Board since 2001 and is a graduate of Florida State University. He spent over 25 years with Lincoln Financial Advisors providing personalized financial and estate planning. More recently, he built his practice, Innovative Wealth Management located in Boca Raton, as a multi-generational wealth management firm. He helps individuals, families and business owners grow and preserve their wealth for future generations.
- Linda Cooke
- Ms. Cooke joined the Board in 2018. She is a graduate from of Nova Southeastern University. Ms. Cooke is currently the chief executive officer of Habco Manufacturing. She has served on multiple boards within the community including the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, The Wasie Foundation, and Florida Community Health Network.
- Mitchell Eisenberg, MD
- Dr. Eisenberg joined the Board in 2006. He obtained his medical degree from Medical College of Pennsylvania and performed his residency in internal medicine at New England Deaconess Hospital and his anesthesia residency at Massachusetts General Hospital. He is board certified in both internal medicine an anesthesiology. Today he is co-founder and CEO of Advanced Recovery Systems, an integrated behavioral health company specializing in the treatment of alcohol and drug abuse and associated mental health disorders.
- Joseph Epstein, CPA
- Mr. Epstein joined the Board in 2018. He is a graduate of Miami University in Ohio. Mr. Epstein is currently a principal at MBAF, an accounting and advisory firm that services clients in a wide-range of industries including law firms and professional organizations. He leads the firm’s business developments efforts in the tri-county area.
- Alberto Fernandez
- Mr. Fernandez began his career in 1981 as a general contractor. Today he is founder and president of the ANF Group, a construction and development company. Mr. Fernandez’s vision helped create the ANF Group Tour de Broward event, an annual fundraiser attended by thousands of participants. Mr. Fernandez returned to the Board in 2018.
- Alejandra Fernandez
- Mrs. Fernandez joined the Board in 2014. She obtained her Master’s degree in Marine Biology at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Miami. As an entrepreneur, she co-founded International Analytical Group (IAG), a small business enterprise that provides environmental consulting to the private and public sector.
- Aurelio M. Fernandez, FACHE
- A healthcare professional with more than 40 years of experience, Mr. Fernandez is the president and chief executive officer of Memorial Healthcare System, one of Florida’s leading healthcare systems with 13,000 employees, six hospitals, and medical ancillary services. Mr. Fernandez obtained his Master’s degree in Health Services Administration from Florida International University. He joined the Board in 2016.
- Toby Gray
- Mr. Gray joined the Board in 2019. He is a serial entrepreneur and accomplished chief executive officer of several companies. Today he is founder and chief executive officer of Advancing Practitioners, a company that specializes in first assisting in surgery and transitional care management. He is a graduate of Nova Southeastern University.
- Frederick Keroff, MD
- Dr. Keroff obtained his medical degree from University of Health Sciences, The Chicago Medical School. He performed his internship and residency at Jackson Memorial Hospital University of Miami in family medicine and later became chief resident. Dr. Keroff serves as district medical director of Emergency Services at Memorial Healthcare System. His association with the Board dates back to 2009.
- Dana Levan
- Mrs. Levan is a communication specialist, write and editor and was a speech-language pathologist who provided services to children. She founded SpeakWrite Communications. She earned a Master’s degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders. Today, she serves at the Chief Chocoholic of Hoffman’s Chocolates. Mrs. Levan returned to the Board in 2018.
- Commissioner Laura Raybin Miller
- Commissioner Miller returned to the Board in 2019. She is a financial advisor and financial planning specialist with The Suskind-Ripple Group at UBS Financial Services in Aventura, Florida. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management from Florida International University and holds several financial designations. She is on the South Broward Hospital District Board of Commissioners. The seven member board of commissioners is appointed by the Governor of the State of Florida.
- Luis Raez, MD
- Dr. Raez has served on the Board since 2014. He obtained his medical degree from Cayetano Heredia Peruvian University and performed his residency of internal medicine at Jackson Memorial Hospital/VAMC, University of Miami School of Medicine. He is board certified in internal medicine and medical oncology. He is chief of Hematology/Oncology, medical director of Memorial Cancer Institute and oncology research director of Memorial Healthcare System and the director of the Thoracic Oncology Program.
- Brett Rose
- Mr. Rose is an entrepreneur who founded and serves as the chief executive officer and president of United National Consumer Supplies (UNCS). UNCS is a wholesale distributing company which specializes in manufacturer’s closeouts, excess inventories and overstocks. Mr. Rose graduated from Salem State University, and has served on the Board since 2015.
- Zeff Ross, FACHE
- Mr. Ross is executive vice-president of Memorial Healthcare System and chief executive officer of Memorial Regional Hospital. He obtained his MBA from Bernard Baruch, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York. Mr. Ross began his long-standing career with Memorial Healthcare Systems Administrator of Memorial Hospital West when he was hired in 1991 to manage the planning and build out, then daily operations of the facility. Mr. Ross joined the Board in 2010.
- Frank Scholl, MD
- Dr. Scholl is chief of pediatric and congenital heart surgery at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. His association with the Board dates back to 2011. He obtained his medical degree from Chicago Medical School, and performed his residencies in surgery and cardiothoracic surgery at Yale-New Haven Medical Center, Vanderbilt University and UCLA School of Medicine. He is board certified in surgery, congenital cardiac surgery and thoracic and cardiac surgery.
- Lawrence Share
- Mr. Share is founder and president of Lawrence D. Share Company. His company has provided more than three decades of coverage to the medical community in the areas of disability income, life and health insurance, financial services and medical malpractice. He returned to the Board in 2014.
- Caitlin Beck Stella
- Mrs. Stella serves as the chief executive officer of Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. She obtained her Master’s in Public Health in Health Policy and Management at the (now Fielding) School of Public Health at UCLA. She began her career as a management consultant in healthcare at PricewaterhouseCoopers, then worked as a project manager at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. She returned to UCLA Health as senior executive and was later promoted to chief administrative officer for UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital and Women’s Health. Mrs. Stella joined the Board in 2018.
- Richard Toren
- Mr. Toren was elected to the Board in 2017. He graduated from Pennsylvania State University and obtained his MBA from Loyola Graduate School of Business. He is an entrepreneur with decades of experience in healthcare which includes the creation and management of physician practices to consulting with cardiology practices and advisory boards. Mr. Toren is executive chairman at Cohort Intelligence and Chief Strategy Officer of QPID Health, and was former President of Atigeo Healthcare.
- Norma Kipnis Wilson
- Mrs. Kipnis Wilson joined the Board in 2014. She is a retired stock broker who worked at Smith Barney Business. Today she serves as manager and advisor of family investments. She is an active member in the community who has held multiple leadership positions on a variety of Boards. She co-founded the Lion of Juda Society which grew to more than 17,000 members worldwide.
- Denise Wittich
- Mrs. Wittich joined the Board in 2015. She obtained her BA degree in economics and went on to become an investment advisor for 30 years. Her dedication to raise awareness about breast cancer is one of many reasons why she served for seven years as chairperson of the Pink Angels Committee of the Memorial Foundation.
- Robert Amchir (deceased)
- Michael Bolton
- Ronald L. Book, Esq.
- Herbert Brizel, MD
- Cindy Conine
- Jeff Conine
- Alberto E. Fernandez, Sr.
- Peter Livingston, MD
- Wendy Masi, PhD
- Henry D. Perry, Jr., MD (deceased)
- Frank V. Sacco, FACHE
- George Steinbrenner (deceased)