This program provides children an overview of Water Safety tips. Teaching children how to be safe around water is not a luxury; it is a necessity. This program can help make sure they learn essential water safety skills, which can open up a world of possibilities for them to satisfy their curiosity safely. Please Note: this is a presentation and not swimming lessons.
What We Provide
A ‘Water Safety’ presentation covering, but not limited to the following topics:
- Swimming Lessons: Why are they important?
- Water Safety Hazards: What to look out for
- Water Safety Around Open Waters: Beaches, lakes, and open ponds
- Water Safety 101: The basics of general water safety
- Drowning Prevention: Staying vigilant, to prevent accidents
Details of the Program
- Target Grades: VPK Thru 12th Grade
- Length of Program: 45-60 minutes
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital partners with YMCA, Water Smart Broward, and McGovern Foundation to provide this program.
Our Partners in Education Programs are coordinated by Memorial Community Relations. Please call 954-276-1250 for more information or complete this form to request a program.