U18 Team Sports Medicine
To help change the culture of youth sports and increase awareness of concussion risks, proper hydration and medication.
What We Teach
- Make 6-12th graders aware of what a concussion is
- What is the risk of a concussion if it’s ignored?
- Talk about the proper way to keep hydrated
- Heat-related illnesses, signs and symptoms
- Medication safety tips
- Understanding the medication label
What We Provide
- Simulation activity using the concussion goggles
- Hydration and medication station
Details of the Program
- Target Grades: 6th thru 12th
- Length of Program: 45 - 60 minutes
- This program can be modified and presented to adults
Our Partners in Education Programs are coordinated by Memorial Community Relations. Please call 954-276-1250 for more information or complete this form to request a program.