Teddy Bear Clinic
This program provides VPK, Pre-K and K children an overview of the healthcare setting and introduces them to medical equipment they might encounter in a doctor’s office or hospital.
What We Teach
- Acquaint children with the healthcare environment
- Reduce children’s fear of doctors and hospitals
- Familiarize children with medical equipment such as stethoscopes, blood pressure cuffs, syringes, etc.
- To inform children of the safety procedures they should use when they find a syringe
- To educate children on anatomy and provide a review of body parts (no intimate body parts will be mentioned)
What We Provide
Children are asked to bring a teddy bear (or stuffed animal) to class to serve as the child’s patient. Each child will be given supplies and will play doctor with the teddy bear.
Details of the Program
- Target Grades: VPK, Pre- K, and Kindergarten
- Length of Program: 40 minutes
Our Partners in Education Programs are coordinated by Memorial Community Relations. Please call 954-276-1250 for more information or complete this form to request a program.