Stop the Bleed
This training aims to provide teachers, 9-12-grade students and school personnel with the skills they need to recognize and stop life-threatening bleeding until medical first responders arrive.
What Is Stop the Bleed?
Stop the Bleed is a national initiative that trains people to help in bleeding emergencies.
- Uncontrolled bleeding is the No. 1 cause of preventable death from trauma
- A person bleeding from an artery can lose all of his or her blood volume in 3-5 minutes
- The average EMS response time in Broward County is 5.6 minutes
What We Teach
- How to recognize and treat life-threatening bleeding
- How to be an immediate responder and save a life
What We Provide
- An interactive presentation with our knowledgeable speakers
- A question-and-answer time
Details of the Program
- Target Audience: 9th thru 12th
- Length of Program: 60 minutes
- This program can be modified for presentation to adults
Our Partners in Education Programs are coordinated by Memorial Community Relations. Please call 954-276-1250 for more information or complete this form to request a program.