Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital invites your VPK, Pre-K and Kindergarten classes to participate in Safety Town, our free, interactive safety program.
Accidents continue to be the leading cause of injury and even death in children and teenagers.
What We Teach
The Fire Department, Police Department, Broward County Parks and Recreation Department, Greater Hollywood Family YMCA sponsored by Swim Central and Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital offer specific safety training from their hands-on stations at Safety Town. Students practice what they have been taught through this safety education program as they proceed through the miniature town.
What We Provide
- Safety Town is a free educational field trip.
- The program is scheduled on a first-come, first-served reservation basis and runs concurrently with the public school schedule.
- Sessions are held on Monday mornings at Tree Tops Park, Wednesday mornings at CB Smith Park and Thursday mornings at TY Park. All sessions run from 10 a.m. to noon.
- The maximum number of children per day is 60.
Details of the Program
- Target Grades: VPK, Pre-K and Kindergarten
- Length of Program: 15 minute rotations up to 4 stations (Off-Site Field Trip)
Teachers and students may bring brown bag lunches for a picnic at the park following Safety Town. You are responsible for providing your own transportation.
Our Partners in Education Programs are coordinated by Memorial Community Relations. Please call 954-276-1250 for more information or complete this form to request a program.