To inform 9-12-grade students about types of distracted driving, risk factors, and ways to stay safe behind the wheel.
What is Distracted Driving?
Distracted driving is an interactive presentation geared towards driving-age teens to highlight the dangers of distracted and impaired driving. The program reviews relevant data, Florida law, and common injuries associated with motor vehicle accidents.
- Six out of 10 teen crashes involve driver distraction
- More than 50% of teens admit to reading a text or email while driving
- As of July 1, 2019, texting and driving is a primary offense in Florida. Law enforcement can pull you over.
What We Teach
- Different types of distracted driving
- Distracted driving statistics
- How to recognize risky behaviors that can lead to motor vehicle accidents
- How to avoid being distracted to stay safe while driving
What We Provide
- An interactive presentation with our knowledgeable speakers
- A question-and-answer time
Details of the Program
- Target Grades: 9th thru 12th
- Length of Program: 60 minutes
Our Partners in Education Programs are coordinated by Memorial Community Relations. Please call 954-276-1250 for more information or complete this form to request a program.