Career Day Information
Career Day will open new opportunities for K-12 students to explore and become acquainted with a variety of careers. A Memorial staff member will present “A Day in the Life of . . .” and describe his or her career at Memorial.
What Is Healthcare?
Our goal is to inform students about the wide variety of careers available in the healthcare field.
Healthcare is described as: the organized provision of medical care to individuals or a community.
- Memorial was founded in 1953
- Memorial employs more than 14,000 on staff in a wide variety of areas
- Memorial staff work various shifts/schedules around the clock
- Memorial has been named to Florida Trend’s list of “Best Companies to Work for in Florida” and Modern Healthcare’s list of “Best Places to Work in Healthcare”
What We Teach
- An overview of Memorial Healthcare System
- Details and facts about the presenter’s area of expertise
- Options for career training and job opportunities
What We Provide
- A question-and-answer time
- An interactive presentation with our knowledgeable speakers
- Some real-life visuals (tools of the trade)
- Each student will be sent home with a Memorial-branded giveaway
Details of the Program
- Target Grades: Kindergarten thru 12th
- Length of Program: Flexible timing
- Most Career Day presentations are in 30-minute rotations. Arrangements must be made in advance.
Our Partners in Education Programs are coordinated by Memorial Community Relations. Please call 954-276-1250 for more information or complete this form to request a program.