At Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital’s Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders we know how scary a cancer or blood disorder diagnosis can be. That’s why we take great pride in providing compassionate, patient- and family-centered care for children, adolescents and young adults with a range of conditions—from the rarest of childhood cancers to the most common blood disorders in children.
Led by nationally recognized, board-certified hematologists/oncologists, our team of cancer and blood disorder specialists are expertly trained to treat a variety of pediatric malignancies and blood disorders and offer advanced, comprehensive care with a human touch.
We know that one cancer treatment approach does not fit all. In fact, recent advances in pediatric hematology/oncology have pointed to the benefits of tailoring cancer and blood disorder treatment to meet the specific needs of each child.
Our hands-on approach allows us to work closely with patients and their families to develop an effective, personalized treatment plan, with the ultimate goal of getting our patients on the road to recovery.
We also offer the following programs and services:
- Clinical trials program—one of four such programs in South Florida
- Neuro-oncology clinic—a multidisciplinary clinic that provides brain tumor patients with access to several medical specialties during one visit
- Pediatric cancer survivorship program—which offers pediatric cancer survivors and their families with long-term support after cancer
- Pediatric palliative care program—which helps improve the quality of life for patients and their families by easing physical and emotional suffering and discomfort
- Sickle cell transition program—which includes a Sickle Cell Day Hospital, specifically designed for adolescents and young adults with sickle cell anemia