Kak-Chen Chan, MD
Kak-Chen Chan, MD MBBS
Chief of Pediatric & Congenital Cardiology & Interventional Services
1150 North 35 Avenue Suite 575
Hollywood, Florida 33021
Dr. Chan is a pediatric cardiologist with nearly three decades of experience in interventional cardiology and echocardiography in the United States and abroad.
He comes to Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital from Denver, Colorado, where he served as Associate Professor at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Director of Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship Training, and Director of the Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiac Catheter Laboratory at The Children's Hospital. Prior to that, he was a consultant pediatric cardiologist at Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, England, and an honorary clinical lecturer at the University of Leicester School of Medicine.
Other positions include the following: senior registrar in pediatric cardiology at Birmingham Children's Hospital in England; research registrar in pediatric cardiology at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh, Scotland; research registrar and senior registrar in pediatric cardiology at Killingbeck Hospital in Leeds, England; and pediatric cardiologist at General Hospital Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. He is a former member of the editorial board for the International Journal of Cardiology.
1. Boucek MM, Mashburn C, Chan KC. Catheter-based interventional palliation for hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg Pediatr Card Surg Annu. 2005 Jan; 8: 72-7.
2. Artrip, J.H., Campbell, D.N., Ivy, D.D., Almadovar, M.C., Chan, KC, Mitchell, M.B., Clarke, D.R., Lacour-Gayet, F. Birth weight and complexity are significant factors for the management of hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006; 82: 1252-9.
3. Delaney J. W., Chan K. C., Rhodes J. The design and deployment of the Helex Septal Occluder. Congenit Heart Dis. 2006: 1; 202-209.
4. Chan K. C., Mashburn C., Boucek M.M. Initial transcatheter palliation of hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Catheterization and cardiovasc intervention 2006; 68: 719-726.
5. Griffiths L.G., Bright J.M., Chan, K.C. Transcatheter intravascular stent placement to relieve supravalvular pulmonic stenosis. J. Vet. Cardiol. 2006: 8: 145-155.
1. Chapter on echocardiography of ventricular septal defects in textbook Cardiac Ultrasound Roelandt JRTC, Sutherland GR, Iliceto S, Linker DT (editors). Churchill Livingstone 1993.